Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 03:22 AM

Default card player vs. bluff magazine

I picked up a copy of both magazines today and read them on the flight home. I noticed the change to card player a few months ago and I didn't like the new format at all.

After skipping around Card player I read Bluff and almost read page for page. It was really nicely presented and 95% of the articles were good; kind of like card player used to be.

A kid next to me finished his card player and I gave him the copy of bluff when I finished. He thumbed through it and the first thing he said was that it looked like there was more content in there and that there is less advertising.

Has anybody else noticed that card player isn't as good as it used to be? Or perhaps I just notice it now because there is so much competition now and they're not the only game in town.

Is bluff a monthly publication?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: card player vs. bluff magazine

First!

I noticed the same thing when I had a chance to read both at the same time. Read bluff page for page and barely skimmed cardplayer. Bluff is a lot better despite my preconceived notions that cardplayer was better.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: card player vs. bluff magazine

I subscribe to CardPlayer and probably always will because the deal is too good to pass up. Having said that, Bluff is the superior publication these days.