Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 12:17 AM

Default NL10- KK on A high board, thoughts on turn line please.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $9.20
BB: $25.60
BTN: $49.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.80) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($0.80) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, BB calls $0.60

River: ($2) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Pot Size: $2.00 ($2 Rake)

BB had 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Threes) and LOST (-$1.00)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Threes) and LOST (-$1.00)

villain is a mega fish. i left results in because they're funny, and don't really have much to do with what i'm asking. did i take an okay turn line? it was a valuebet fwiw...he's def. calling with some worse flush draws and other weaker made hands, and his flop check leads me to believe i have the best hand.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: NL10- KK on A high board, thoughts on turn line please.

I think you have to C-bet that flop, it's HU, who cares about the A, represent it.

From there you can evaluate villain's aggression on later streets. I'd check the turn and would call a small bet if villain is chronically aggressive post flop. Any stats on him?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:30 AM

I would just bet this most of the time on the flop down to just three players, blind versus blind. Any Jack is calling, most small pairs, gutshots, etc. Obv hands that beat you too. Mostly just bet and fold though. Once he calls turn I'd value bet river. Probably just has a diamond but will call with a Jack or pair.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:34 AM

Usually against these types of players (aka fish), they will call down if they hit any part of the board hoping to catch 2 pair/trips etc. Sometimes as Hero it gets you thinking if they really have that Ace. Most of the time however they raise with the Ace. If I pick up on an opponent playing a hand super passively I don't give him credit for beating me, it's almost always a draw or an under pair.