Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 06:25 PM

Default NL200: AK vs weird flop bet

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $39.10
BB: $209.66
UTG: $197.50
Hero (CO): $217.80
BTN: $208.33

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $8.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $22.00, UTG calls $16.00

Flop: ($73) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $55.00</font>, UTG calls $55.00, Hero...

I got really confused at the situation. I wasnt really worried about UTG as he was a really loose calling station. Unfortunatly I had no reads on BB.
What do you do in this situation?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: NL200: AK vs weird flop bet

I just call, let BB hang himself if he has a worse hand, I'd guess you're chopping. Calling also lets you guys get UTG committed with a worse A.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:28 PM

readless of BB i call and get it in on any turn given your read of UTG being a loose calling station. UTG play from a good player would look like a set overcalling on a non draw heavy flop to rope you in or let BB maintain the aggression.

call flop, call AI/shove turn.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just call, let BB hang himself if he has a worse hand, I'd guess you're chopping. Calling also lets you guys get UTG committed with a worse A.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking at first, however after a couple iterations, I'm giving serious consideration to dumping the hand. The donk and overcall just looks soooo strong, even if UTG is terrible.

I really wouldn't fault somone for folding here.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking at first, however after a couple iterations, I'm giving serious consideration to dumping the hand. The donk and overcall just looks soooo strong, even if UTG is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh i would
Old 10-02-2007, 07:36 PM

I doubt an unknown would coldcall preflop there w/A9 or A4 that much and I wouldn't expect an unkown to lead with a set too much either so I can't really see folding. Assuming you called, was the turn?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh i would

[/ QUOTE ]

What stats are you assuming from unknown donker? Exactly how bad do you assume him to be? What range do you give him after the donk?

How about BB?

Do you really believe them to be soooo bad that that folding here is that much worse than calling?

Please don't misunderstand the tone - I'm not trying to be incredulous, but it's been my experience as of late that even the worst players don't play hands we beat like this.