Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Default QQ on BB, fold turn on low board?

I have no read on the button (only played 30 hands, seems LAGish), MP is a LAG.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

With no clear read on the button, is this a easy call on the turn??? How about river???
Old 10-02-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: QQ on BB, fold turn on low board?

raise preflop. c/r the flop. i guess call the river. I gotta say I have no idea what you were trying to do on this hand, but this isn't the spot to try and wait for the turn to raise, or try and get deceptive preflop.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:05 PM

I think you forgot that QQ is the third best starting hand in hold'em. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 06:07 PM

preflop and flop are pretty bad

You need to 3-bet preflop to push your eq edge in a multiway pot

As played this is a great flop for you. Again, raise/jam your strong hand.

The way you played preflop and flop is costing you a lot of bets in the long run.

You loose on the turn btw. But I wouldnt fold since you underrepresented your hand so much. River is a brick. It doesnt change much unless he had a 2
Old 10-02-2007, 06:10 PM

Yeah, I pretty much screwed this hand up bad by trying to be deceptive. I c/c flop with a intention to trap MP on the turn for 2 bets. How often is it correct to c/c flop, and c/r turn with overpairs on this board???
Old 10-02-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I pretty much screwed this hand up bad by trying to be deceptive. I c/c flop with a intention to trap MP on the turn for 2 bets. How often is it correct to c/c flop, and c/r turn with overpairs on this board???

[/ QUOTE ]

Never! You loose too much value the times the third guys has 66-JJ and will 3-bet you. Or call your raise and c/r the turn where you then can 3-bet.

If you dont raise you cant get 3-bet!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:57 PM

Ick. Turn and river are fine. (Honestly, river is closer to a raise than to a fold. And raising would be TERRIBLE). Preflop is well beyond bad, same with flop.

You don't have to trick LAGs into putting lots of bets into the pot when you have a big hand, they'll do it as a matter of course. They are overplaying their hands, that's what makes them lags. Just take them to valuetown starting preflop.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:07 PM

this hand makes me want to cry

tip #1 OP. don't slow play, ever, because you don't know when it's appropriate. Just keep banging your good hands.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

tip #1 OP. don't slow play, ever, because you don't know when it's appropriate. Just keep banging your good hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha sorry if it made you cry. I usually jam good hands, and this was one of those rare moments that I tried to do something that I clearly didnt have any idea how to do. I am kinda new at limit (not to say i was any good at no limit), and i sincerely appreciate all the tips and criticisms. Hopefully next time i can post a hand that is more debatable.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha sorry if it made you cry. I usually jam good hands, and this was one of those rare moments that I tried to do something that I clearly didnt have any idea how to do. I am kinda new at limit (not to say i was any good at no limit), and i sincerely appreciate all the tips and criticisms. Hopefully next time i can post a hand that is more debatable.

[/ QUOTE ]

its np, just post hands you think you didnt play right like this one... its all good

but yeah dont slowplay in limit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]