Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 AM

Default 5/10 hand

3 handed with a couple fish. I've sat with this guy for about 40 hands, he's kinda aggro and really bad.

I pot AKJ7 on the button, he calls the BB.

Flop J73, no flush draw, he check/calls pot.

Turn 5 putting a flush draw up, he thinks for an unusually long time (about 20 seconds) and pots it for 222 leaving 255 back. My move?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: 5/10 hand

He could have a 456x hand or some kind of set (It would surprise me, though, since you have top 2). I don't think he's bluffing since he'd be representing he hit a gutshot, which would be pretty hard to believe.
I don't play anywhere near those limits so I'd like to hear what other posters have to say.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:15 AM

Hard to make the read if you've only played 40 hands with him. This would be a pretty standard bet both with a turned 2 pr and flush draw or with 46xx for the nuts. I guess it depends on how you have been playing. If you have been playing somewhat nitty and shown that you are capable of laying down hands past the flop then I might consider shoving here. If you have been fairly loose though, and shown that you check behind big hands when marginal draws hit, then I would take longer to consider action and possibly fold. Tough to say on this one.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hard to make the read if you've only played 40 hands with him. This would be a pretty standard bet both with a turned 2 pr and flush draw or with 46xx for the nuts. I guess it depends on how you have been playing. If you have been playing somewhat nitty and shown that you are capable of laying down hands past the flop then I might consider shoving here. If you have been fairly loose though, and shown that you check behind big hands when marginal draws hit, then I would take longer to consider action and possibly fold. Tough to say on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
correct answer as always is "it depends". His hand is disguised though. Without a read i would shove.