Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Flush draw in 3 way 3 bet pot.

Villain had stats like 28/17/5 after about 150 hands. I dont really remember tangling much.
Obviously this is a relatively good flop for my hand. I called preflop planning on taking away more than my fair share of pots, and with that logic I felt I should raise, but also I figured I need him to fold about 30% of the time (I could really be wrong, too lazy to figure out, but thats my intuition), and I just didn't think after betting practically pot into 2 people that would happen enough.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $297.05
BB: $97.40
Hero (UTG): $277.60
MP: $191.00
CO: $200.00
BTN: $109.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $7.00, BTN calls $7.00, <font color="red">SB raises to $22.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $15.00, CO calls $15.00, BTN folds

Flop: ($75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $64.00</font>, Hero folds
Old 10-02-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Flush draw in 3 way 3 bet pot.

yeah, fine. i doubt you have much fe if you shove, doubt too many others are coming along for the ride as well.

if your on tilt though, insta shove.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:54 AM

why call we this little sc preflop if we can't even play it on the flop when we hit a fd?
yeah i am thinking the same why about the hand like orange but shouldn't we just pitch the hand preflop then?
we won't flop a monsterdraw/2pair/trips often antoh to call pre or do we?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:21 AM

I'm not saying I call preflop here but it's okay to call preflop thinking you are going to make moves on a fair share of flops and then audible when you see the flop action even if its a supposedly good flop for your hand.

Here, yeah, I'm audibling. His hand looks big as hell (maybe three kings, AK or AA...he's like never bluffing here) and therefore we have zero FE. We are banking on hitting our nine flush outs and we still have a guy behind us who though rare could have a set or a higher flush draw (rare but not impossible).

Basically its as simple as we know we have nine outs at the most and we can't do anything to pick up the pot.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:27 AM

highstakes,

sometimes the cutoff doesn't come along which means that the original 3 better might fire out with AQ/AK into a low board and we can raise and actually have some FE.

sometimes the bet won't be $64 it will be $34 and we can see a turn for a relatively nice price in a 3 bet pot.

Sometimes it checks around and the turn is a 3 giving us even more outs, sometimes its a diamond and we can get action from a slowployed set of kings or get action from AdQh,AdJh,etc.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of the inital preflop call but there are situations that arise that are much more pleasant than this one.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:36 PM

@FG

thanks for the annotation [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Looks fine. Oh, and stop playing pf plz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but shouldn't we just pitch the hand preflop then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because when the action was on me preflop I believed I could play profitably post flop with my hand. Although I got a good flop, I didn't think continuing with the hand would be profitable post flop. Somtetimes you ahve to change your plan midway through a hand where you planned to play it one way, but once more information is made available to you, you decide to play it another way.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:03 PM

Blah blah blah, fold preflop.

<font color="white">Obviously preflop is awesome. But I wouldn't post hands you play like this. Yous should still be shoving this flop. Lots of people c-bet K-high flops with air regardless of preflop action, and lots of people check K-high flops with AK/KK/AA like it's their job in 3-bet pots, even 3 ways. The PSB is weak in this specific spot.</font>
Old 10-02-2007, 01:13 PM

Am I the only one that thinks SB missed? An aggro player can easily 3 bet this pre to steal then bomb a king high flop.