Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 01:20 PM

Default 100NL 99 tough spot, I need a turn line

No reads, the caller behind me made me wary as a smooth call with a made flush is possible. Also the turn push made me a little wary as well as the BB isn't slowing down.

Which is better here, call or push?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $98.00
BB: $46.50
UTG: $150.35
UTG+1: $60.85
Hero (MP1): $108.00
MP2: $88.70
MP3: $183.55
CO: $32.35
BTN: $172.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, MP2 calls $4.00, 4 folds, BB calls $3.00

Flop: ($12.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $9.00</font>, Hero calls $9.00, MP2 calls $9.00

Turn: ($39.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $33.50</font>, Hero ??
Old 10-01-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: 99 tough spot, I need a turn line

Raise the flop. I would push turn.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:29 PM

If your going to do anything on the turn, pushing would be the worst play by far, you gotta call the turn if you think there is any possible chance that your good, and you just might be. If BB does have a flush you really want to have MP2 in there too to juice those odds up a bit. And BB could possibly have a A flush draw or something whacky. I give him a flush here about 80% of the time. And if MP2 is loose as a goose than calling here can be an alright play. I have no idea about the odds or nothing, but what the hell call.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:30 PM

Oh and flop play...hmmm. I think calling here is alright...Raiseing your kinda represting the flush and would only get called by a flush. so i think a call here is just fine. Obv hope to fill up the whole time.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and flop play...hmmm. I think calling here is alright...Raising you're kinda represting the flush and would only get called by a flush or Adx, Kdx, Qdx . so i think a call here is just mediocre . Obv hope to fill up the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-01-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh and flop play...hmmm. I think calling here is alright...Raising you're kinda represting the flush and would only get called by a flush or Adx, Kdx, Qdx . so i think a call here is just mediocre . Obv hope to fill up the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty tough for anyone to have the K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that floped flushes are rare enough that your betting your set for value most of the time.
The ideal situation is that someone with a single diamond cant do maths and comes along for the ride.

Id make it $30.00 and shove a non diamond turn.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty tough for anyone to have the K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you get my drift...
Old 10-01-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that floped flushes are rare enough that your betting your set for value most of the time.
The ideal situation is that someone with a single diamond cant do maths and comes along for the ride.

Id make it $30.00 and shove a non diamond turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-01-2007, 02:48 PM

I think a call on the turn is best. BB is so short stacked that he might just be putting his money in with a high diamond because the odds are good enough for him to make a stand. If he has the Ace of diamonds he probably thinks he has 12 outs anyways.

You know that if another diamond comes out you've lost anyways, so you might as well just call here and try to get a call from the person behind you as well to build up the pot.

If a diamond comes on the river you've lost anyways, but if another diamond doesn't come or if the board pairs you're definitely good, so your action is already decided for the river, might as well build the pot now.