Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 03:44 AM

Default NL50: 88 OOP on 5 High Board Against LP PFR

Just read the line with the asterisk if you don't want reads.

Villain is 39/24 over 41 hands. His AF by street is 2/1/0. He hasn't cbet yet, and he folds to cbets 67% of the time. I've seen him make two loose turn and river calls that I thought were easy folds. One hand he called $32 into a $20 pot with AT and position on a AQ7xQ board when the Q hit the river which also completed a backdoor flush draw.

Later on he potted A3s utg+1, then called a small $3 reraise from the one of the blinds who had AA. They both checked a 883 flop, but then pfr went to valuetown on villain betting $4 on a 6 turn and $8 on a T river.

I've been 13/13 over 38 hands, and this is the first time I've seen the turn where the pot was raised preflop. The table seems to be giving me tons of respect. I don't want to check and have him check behind with overcards. I wanted to know where I was at, and I think my bet looks pretty scary even if he has 99+.

The reason I bet so little on the turn is I think it has just as much fold equity as a bet of 8-11, and it looks scarier. Against a different kind of vilain where this would be viewed as weak I would bet 9.

*Is my line ok? What do I do on the river if he flatcalls my turn bet? What if he minraises my turn bet? How about 3 betting preflop?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $58.40
BB: $49.25
UTG: $34.70
MP: $54.95
CO: $144.75
BTN: $166.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.50, BB folds

Flop: ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3.50</font>, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($11) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.75</font>, BTN folds
Uncalled bet of $6.75 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $11.00 ($0.55 Rake)
Old 10-01-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: NL50: 88 OOP on 5 High Board Against LP PFR

this line is totally fine, if you think he ll fire two barrels with overcards then turn checkraise is nice