Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 12:13 AM

Default AQos/great flop - was this weak?

Only read I have on villian is from Notes - "limps 87os from EP" and "raised 33 from CO after 4 limpers".

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Did I get scared too easily here on the turn? Is that a no-brainer 3bet situation?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: AQos/great flop - was this weak?

That's a three all day. Especially with sb's extra money.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:28 AM

Yeah, this is a pretty easy 3-ball on the turn, call/call if he caps.

Again, this is a hand range exercise. Give us a range of hands that a loose-ish-aggro-ish (from your reads) Villan might raise on this turn. How many of those are you in trouble to? How many outs do you have if you're in trouble. Yada yada. Show us some work.

Btw, did you ever do the last hand-ranging exercise I gave you?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, did you ever do the last hand-ranging exercise I gave you?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I believe I received my 24 ban shortly after the last excersise request. I will make an effort to work on both, I promise.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:53 AM

well set of tens is not something I consider very likely here considering the preflop action.

Pocket 33's don't seem likely considering his CO action.

I think its a 3 bet 99 times out of 100 with the one time because you misclicked and figured you can get him to cap a river donk.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:57 AM

Ok, hands that a loose-ish aggro-ish player would be raising this turn: TT/AA/QQ/33/AT/AQ/A3/QT/KJ

Of those, he woulda raised PF with TT/AA/QQ, so I exclude those from possible holdings.

33 fits PF, but unless he was slow-playing, it doesn't make sense on the Flop. I will exclude that.

So that leaves: QT/KJ/AT/A3/AQ

Hmm, based on this, I am crushing him 60% of the time and will get paid off nicely when he caps the turn and possibly the river, I chop 20% of the time (although the likelihood of he and I both having AQ, probably drops this one to below 20%), and I pay him off another 20%.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:00 AM

hmm this really really looks like KJ to me given the cc preflop....

i trey the turn as even if this is the case we still have 4 outs and dead money from SB, however if he caps i am basically coming to a standstill unless a river A/Q come
Old 09-30-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, hands that a loose-ish aggro-ish player would be raising this turn: TT/AA/QQ/33/AT/AQ/A3/QT/KJ

Of those, he woulda raised PF with TT/AA/QQ, so I exclude those from possible holdings.

33 fits PF, but unless he was slow-playing, it doesn't make sense on the Flop. I will exclude that.

Hmm, based on this, I am crushing him 60% of the time and will get paid off nicely when he caps the turn and possibly the river, I chop 20% of the time (although the likelihood of he and I both having AQ, probably drops this one to below 20%), and I pay him off another 20%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good analysis. You are ready for my river tool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 09-30-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm this really really looks like KJ to me given the cc preflop....

[/ QUOTE ]

This was exactly what I was thinkihg, which is why I went into calldown mode. But I have a bad tendency to put people on the nuts whenever I face aggression.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good analysis. You are ready for my river tool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks (if that was not sarcasm). I just wish I was able to figure out this range of hands faster, like, maybe while the hand was playing out.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:54 PM

advice (not mine) to change your thought process - stop being scared of losing pots/getting raised and start being scared of missing out on bets.