Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 09:05 AM

Default tricky spot with AA

Villan is 50/13 over decent sample size, will chase any draw, won't fold pf once hes limped and happily gets all in TP.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1.50/$3
3 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Button: $950.15
hero: $534.03
BB: $68.00

Pre-flop: (3 players) hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $13.5</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($31.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $24</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $105</font>, hero calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($241.5, 2 players)

I just call flop for pot control and also maybe to get it in on a safe turn, I'm pretty sure KK/QQ isn't in his range here. Plan?
Old 09-29-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: tricky spot with AA

Raise more preflop. His line makes no sense, but I'm dumping the turn since we're deep and JT just hit.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:30 AM

My PF raise is 4.5x BB?
Old 09-29-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My PF raise is 4.5x BB?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but oop you should raise a bit more as a standard. And given this: "won't fold pf once hes limped and happily gets all in TP." read you should def raise more.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villan is 50/13 over decent sample size, will chase any draw, won't fold pf once hes limped and happily gets all in TP.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1.50/$3
3 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Button: $950.15
hero: $534.03
BB: $68.00

Pre-flop: (3 players) hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $13.5</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($31.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $24</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $105</font>, hero calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($241.5, 2 players)

I just call flop for pot control and also maybe to get it in on a safe turn, I'm pretty sure KK/QQ isn't in his range here. Plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure pot control applies here. You read says he'll chase any draw and get it in with TP. Why control the pot size. If he has 22 That sucks, against KQ you've got some equity. You destroy the rest of his range and it sounds like he'd certainly call with j10, kj, k10, ak at the very least and who knows what else.

Seems like a simple value shove against this villian, unless you think he'll fire the turn with air a lot if you call flop then check but if that were the case you wouldn't be asking if you should call this turn.