Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Problem with my computer detecting devices

I've had this computer for about six months, a Dell Inspiron 6400 notebook. There are a few problems with it. First of all, my Verizon wireless internet USB card isn't being recognized. I get a little popup message whenever I plug it in that the "device cannot be recognized" and I am being advised to replace the device.

Perhaps this is just my verizon card's error?

Another problem is with my power cord. It wont charge my computer. Whenever I plug in my power cord it says that I don't have the right power cord, the same one I've been using since I got the computer. My computer won't charge, but I can use it if it is plugged in, it just says that there is 3% remaining in the battery.

My friend has a verizon card, except not a USB one. I tried it with my computer and it was detected by my computer. (I'm not sure what this means but just in case it helps)
Old 09-28-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Problem with my computer detecting devices

Try your Verizon card on a different computer. Do other USB devices work on your computer? Do you have the drivers installed? Try to pinpoint whether it's the Verizon card or your computer.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Problem with my computer detecting devices

Ok, I've confirmed that other USB devices work on my computer. Tried the USB thingy on another computer and it doesn't recognize it either. So it's the device, not my computer.

Still, my computer won't charge.

And a separate issue, will my friend's verizon card work on my computer? His subscription expired because he downloaded too much stuff, but the card should still work right? My subscription is still going on.