Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Quick Shreveport, LA ...Trip Report

I hate posting TR, but since I loved reading them..........I will post this for LVA and 2 + 2(poker site).

The Offer....$500 air fare reimbursement, $200 FP, 3 free nights, and the races at Louisana Downs. Booked my airfare at Southwest for over $500 printed the receipt necessary needed for reimbursement, then cancelled and have my refund charged back to my credit card.

Since I do not drive much here in Kansas City at all, I use public trans, 10 hours in a car would is not something I look forward to. But gas would only cost $150, netting me $350 from the air far offer plus the $200 in show up cash. I was up $550 before getting my gambool on.

Drive was decent, 71 South the whole way, driving thru Arkansas was pretty cool, the best part of the drive.

HOTEL
Horseshoe in Bossier City. Good room about 600sq feet, great beds, and big tub, plus a tv in the bathroom. As long as the bed is comfy and linens are decent quality, I am happy.

FOOD
Breakfast buffet twice, and the cafe once. Pretty much standard, all comped by host at the end of the stay. The rest of the time I abused the Diamond Lounge. Good cold cuts, fruit, cheese, and great cocktail service. On my breaks from the poker room I would take quick walk a grab a couple of red bulls in the can.

ENTERTAINMENT
Played golf at Olde Oaks GC a Hal Sutton design. Very good layout, and decent price $50 on the weekend. Played 27 holes, shooting 38, 39, 39. Played all right, but as always my short game is terrible. I will play here again if I make down to Shereveport again.

GAMBLING
Video Poker...Some of the best that Harrahs offers....100play .01 Jacks. Played thru 10,000 coin-in. Lost (130) cash back of $25. Pretty decent cb of .25 for Harrahs. Averaged 400 hands a hours, played for about 6 hours. Only had 4 royals, the average should have been 6. I wish 100 play .01 was everywhere. I only know of 3 places in the country.

Poker....20/40 at the Shoe. Played 14 hours Friday and Saturday full ring. 1 hour on Thursday short handed before the game broker. The rake is 4+1 at the 20 game. 4/8 is 5+1, with the drop at 10,20,30,40 ouchhhh. Leave it to Harrahs to screw poker players.

Friday the play was terrible, only one decent player. Saturday pretty much the same players, but a couple of players at least had a clue. One was extremely weak/tight. But I am sure he was a winning player. Best part of the game on Saturday was watching 'Batman' call his way to 8 rack win. Terrible player but the deck hit him hard.

Overall I finished at $42 per hour. Just at my average since moving up in limits. So far I have been able to beat the mid-limit game for a BB per hour. I wish I could set at this game all of time.

Short TR this time, but I am off to Vegas this week, then to Tunica the following week.

Mark in Kansas City
Old 09-28-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Quick Shreveport, LA ...Trip Report

[ QUOTE ]
Played 27 holes, shooting 38, 39, 39.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice brag
Old 09-28-2007, 01:40 PM

Nice report. I go to Shreveport for poker alot....leaving in less than an hour, but you saw a different side of the place than I usually do. Cash comps to show up, free rooms, travel money, golf courses, Diamond lounge etc.lol

It sounds like you had a good time. I'm a $4/8 player and I'm by no means bank rolled for the $20/40, but I wondered how the play was at that game. I've heard everything from "it's a rock garden" to "it's worse than $4/8 with 7 people seeing every river". For obvious reasons, I haven't believe much of what I've heard. While I'm not going to be playing in the game anytime soon, I'd love to hear you honest assessment of the game. You said the play was bad, but are most of players, loose/tight, aggressive/passive etc? Just curious.

Glad you had a good trip and won a little money.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:57 PM

Sounds like you had a good time in my town. Makes me happy.