Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2006, 08:29 PM

Default 2nd Nut Flush draw against a maniac

I have played a fair few hands against this maniac
he has some sort of method to his madness though but he loves pumping any draw any top pair & bluffs alot.
I have seen him raise & capped in EP with A8o, 76s, 22, 33. He tends to raise with marginal hands but limps with anything good ie AK, JJ. He has occasionally folded PF but generally plays most hands.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MANIAC calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MANIAC 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

does anyone cap against a maniac? This is the first time I've seen him limp-raise, my first thought is TT-AA or suited broadway.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MANIAC raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MANIAC caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MANIAC checks.

River: (8.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MANIAC raises</font>, Hero ?

Okay given the fact he checked the turn, can we assume his on a flush draw as well, but given the fact he limp-raised could we be against Axs? Anyone like 3betting for value here?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers,
Gib
Old 03-02-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Re: 2nd Nut Flush draw against a maniac

I think you need to trust your reads and 3-bet him on the river for value. If you are up against the ace high flush that's the way it goes. He's as likely to have JT as Axd.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:34 PM

:grunch:

Preflop: cap it. KQ is +EV hand, the fact that you are up against a maniac does not change that.

Flop: Not certain about the 3-bet. Were you going for a free card? I call the raise.

Turn: fine.

River: Call, and hope he doesn't have Ad.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: Not certain about the 3-bet. Were you going for a free card? I call the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very tough to get a free card from a maniac, &amp; OOP (even though I got one!!) Basically I'm 3betting for implied odds (flush draw, two overs &amp; BDSD)
Old 03-02-2006, 09:28 PM

Pf- I definitly cap, your way a had of a maniacs range

Flop- ugh, i dunno. Do you have enough equity against one opponent here??? I really don't don't, I think I just call the raise.

Turn- yup

River- Definitly 3bet, he'll pay you off with tons of stuff and your only looseing to Ax [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2006, 09:33 PM

River-Bet that shizz, I feel you have more than a 55% chance of having the best hand. He may have an Ax-flush, but more time than not you have him.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:53 PM

3 bet this without thinking if your read is correct
Old 03-02-2006, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Very tough to get a free card from a maniac, &amp; OOP (even though I got one!!) Basically I'm 3betting for implied odds (flush draw, two overs &amp; BDSD)

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't value bet based on implied odds, if that's what you're implying, oddly enough.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You can't value bet based on implied odds, if that's what you're implying, oddly enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes agreed I'm getting my terms mucked up, what I was trying to get at is that I've got a really good draw here &amp; I want to get some bets in when the maniac is feeling frisky. I have seen him with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and going nuts on this board: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Therefore I'm getting some extra bets in because I believe I'm on a good draw &amp; he'll pay out on future streets.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes agreed I'm getting my terms mucked up, what I was trying to get at is that I've got a really good draw here &amp; I want to get some bets in when the maniac is feeling frisky. I have seen him with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and going nuts on this board: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Therefore I'm getting some extra bets in because I believe I'm on a good draw &amp; he'll pay out on future streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but this is bad unless you have equity here. If you've only got a 1/3 chance of making your draw (and winning) and you're paying 1/2 the money that goes into the pot, he's making money instead of you. It doesn't matter if he'll pay you off later, value bets are only applicable based on the equity for the street you're betting on.

Of course if you think you're ahead (or will win a showdown) more than half the time here then by all means.