Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 08:19 PM

Default 25 NL what to do on the turn

On the laptop, so no stats on Villian, pretty solid, doesnt get out of hand. So afterwards I realized that only flushes will call my push. However, if just bet, and get raised, im basically pot commmitted anyway and i'm drawing to my flush. What about checking/calling? If I do that, I'm giving opponent a free card for his possible A/K.

So a little confused about what to do here.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($30.10)
BB ($10.25)
UTG ($30.70)
Button ($31.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2.

Flop: ($6.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls $4.

Turn: ($14.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $23.1 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $23.10.

River: ($0) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $60.45
Old 09-27-2007, 06:37 AM

Default Re: 25 NL what to do on the turn

kind of a sticky spot, but I really dont like shoving---- Id rather bet 12 and call a push then just shove---- your likely only getting called by hands that beat you very badly when u overshove------- but its not terrible.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kind of a sticky spot, but I really dont like shoving---- Id rather bet 12 and call a push then just shove---- your likely only getting called by hands that beat you very badly when u overshove------- but its not terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't a general rule "if you'd call it then it's better to bet it?" Why bet the 12 and plan to call the rest? Is it due to the fact that 12 has the same FE as the 20+, but if he pushes in return you've concocted a situation where you have odds to chase your flush?

I'm no expert on the turn (it's my number one leak at the moment, the river is number two), so could you please write out your thinking?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:03 AM

Gross spot. It really depends on reads. I think I may check the turn. but yeah if you bet It might as well be a push, as I probably never bet and fold to a re-raise.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:13 AM

sorry wrong post of urs--- moving it
Old 09-27-2007, 08:31 AM

I would bet and fold depending on the reads. If the player is really solid as you said i would bet between 8/9, if hes chasing with a hand like AK, you are not giving the odds for him to call, if he pushes well difficult decision, but i would fold for a solid player.
Pushing in this spot will be only called by hands ou are beaten, no value in my opppinion ....
Old 09-27-2007, 08:47 AM

I think this is a push or a check and evaulate his play. If you bet you need to lead out with a PSB but that will leave you committed with over half of your stack in the pot, but if you said the villain is a solid player, could we really see him betting and calling preflop with A9, or a face9? 1010, JJ would be in his range i think, I'll occasionally raise UTG with 88, 99 and call a smaller 3bet so he could of set too. Although him just flat calling on that drawy board would confuse me a bit. Peronally if we're willing to push, we know we aren't folding the flush so if you are putting him on x9, or two pair (i don't think we fold the set either) I'm more in favor of c/rai since if he has any of what we put him on we're ahead or drawing to quite a few outs.