Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Two bluff catch attempts NL200

Easy one first. Villain is somewhat loose donky, stats about 30/10. No strong reads on his postflop tendancies. This is pretty standard ja?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $198.85
<u>BB: $197.00</u>
<u>Hero (UTG): $429.49</u>
BTN: $484.62

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $6.00

Flop: ($17) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, BB calls $12.00

Turn: ($41) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($41) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $35.00</font>, Hero calls $35.00

Pot Size: $111.00 ($2 Rake)

Harder one. SB is fairly loose and agro. Willing to make big bluffs with complete air, and also weak made hands that some people would check-and-hope with. CO is good/solid.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

<u>SB: $325.60</u>
<u>Hero (BB): $488.54</u>
UTG: $191.95
CO: $275.70
BTN: $483.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $10.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $9.00, Hero calls $8.00

Flop: ($30) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $10.00</font>, Hero calls $10.00, CO folds

Turn: ($50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $20.00</font>, Hero calls $20.00

River: ($90) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $50.00</font>, Hero calls $50.00

Pot Size: $190.00 ($2 Rake)

My image for both is prob somewhat laggy good player. These hands are from seperate tables, i have been running real good on both.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Two bluff catch attempts NL200

first one looks good. 2nd one looks good too, but not great.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:04 PM

hand 2, you going to see some crap like T8 pretty often imo, don't think it's a great spot

you could raise flop for [censored] and giggles, but folding any street at all isn't bad
Old 09-26-2007, 06:07 PM

Yeah in hand 2 i was a little worried that if i raised the flop he might 3bet over me with a draw (i wasn't too sure, but thought he was probably capable of this). So i just thought [censored] it i'll take the dirty 4-1 and see what happens.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah in hand 2 i was a little worried that if i raised the flop he might 3bet over me with a draw (i wasn't too sure, but thought he was probably capable of this). So i just thought [censored] it i'll take the dirty 4-1 and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't mind raising the flop mostly because i have no problem letting go of the hand on the flop.... and it will also lead to a cheap showdown pretty often if our raise is called

our hand really is pretty weak because it is so obvious
Old 09-26-2007, 06:17 PM

I'd probably fold hand 1. I used to always call, and with the near PSB, my experience is that he usually has a T. I'd call bets more ~1/2 pot both because of pot odds and it's more likely they're bluffing.

Hand 2 is read dependent, and with your read it seems ok. He bet like he had a draw/nothing on flop and turn and now is hoping you had a draw too.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He bet like he had a draw/nothing on flop and turn and now is hoping you had a draw too.

[/ QUOTE ]

problem w/ hand 2 is there are quite a few draw+pair combos that beat hero
Old 09-26-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He bet like he had a draw/nothing on flop and turn and now is hoping you had a draw too.

[/ QUOTE ]

problem w/ hand 2 is there are quite a few draw+pair combos that beat hero

[/ QUOTE ]

His play also looks like it could have been a weak 9 which now hits trips. Definitely not easy, I don't think. I'd fold, but I think it's close enough if he can put a lot of money in the pot on a bluff.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't mind raising the flop mostly because i have no problem letting go of the hand on the flop.... and it will also lead to a cheap showdown pretty often if our raise is called

our hand really is pretty weak because it is so obvious

[/ QUOTE ]

Also if i call, i think it makes co pretty readable. I don't see him raising with nothing on this flop, nor just calling with an overpair (remembering that he is good and will presumably be aware of sb's lagginess). So if i call:

a) co folds, cool i get a cheap card.
b) co raises:
---i) sb calls, i can easily fold, because co has my pair beat and sb has my draw beat (often).
---ii) sb folds, i can be pretty confident my draw is good and i can just see how much it is to call, estimate my implied odds and decide pretty easily, knowing i have no FE no showdown equity. In other words i should be able to play this situation near perfectly.

If your raising, how big? A tiny raise could be cool, because it makes stacks awkward for sb to 3bet, no?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:41 PM

I really don't like the second hand, his bet-sizing increased on the river (with respect to the size of the pot) when the 9 paired, from a fish this nearly always means they have trips.

The first hand is closer, still the 4 paired and I wouldn't be surprised to see him have Tx/4x, it's ok but I think I'd rather fold it.