Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 09:34 AM

Default 400NL a big bluff

Villain is 50/18 over 40 hands. Limp/calls a lot. Has done it vs. me before once I think prior to this but he didn't lead the flop and didn't get to showdown.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($540.50)
Hero ($410)
Button ($747.30)
SB ($390)
BB ($418.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $16.

Flop: ($46) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $36</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $116</font>, UTG calls $80.

Turn: ($278) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $274 (All-In)</font>
Old 09-26-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: 400NL a big bluff

I find heads up i'll be looked up lighter but if you have FE, FE is FE right? If his WTSD is low then sure... His big lead tells me almost he can beat an 8, or has a really good 8. Usually if it's a total monster you see like a 15-30$ bet here.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:45 AM

Why are you raising A6o in that spot pf and why are you trying to bluff a loose guy off his hand? ABC poker gets the money vs calling stations. Also if you're going to attempt a bluff vs this guy, try to pick a spot where you have outs when called.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you raising A6o in that spot pf and why are you trying to bluff a loose guy off his hand? ABC poker gets the money vs calling stations. Also if you're going to attempt a bluff vs this guy, try to pick a spot where you have outs when called.

[/ QUOTE ]

isolating a guy with a hand that beats his limping and limp/calling range.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:10 PM

ugh i see why you are making this bluff.....his flop donkbet is general very weak. so your flop raise is legit - however, after he calls the flop raise he is gonna more often than not go with his weak top pair (J doesnt matter) and not give you credit. Also, as a general rule, when villain donk bets close to pot, it generally means they have a hand and dont want to fold - but when they donkbet half pot or less it is almost always a bet/fold strategy.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh i see why you are making this bluff.....his flop donkbet is general very weak. so your flop raise is legit - however, after he calls the flop raise he is gonna more often than not go with his weak top pair (J doesnt matter) and not give you credit. Also, as a general rule, when villain donk bets close to pot, it generally means they have a hand and dont want to fold - but when they donkbet half pot or less it is almost always a bet/fold strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

good read villain called with 86o
Old 09-27-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-27-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isolating a guy with a hand that beats his limping and limp/calling range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barely. A6o is 51% against top 50% of hands. That isn't exactly the kind of edge that a huge winrate is built on. The main thing though is that it plays terribly postflop. It's virtually incapable of winning big pots, and the donk will be terrified any time an ace flops (unless he kickers you) and will correctly put you on ace high when one doesn't. Plus calls or reraises behind you will absolutely destroy any equity you manage to squeeze out of him.

But that's OK, you can always deal with the shoddiness of the hand by trying to double-barrel bluff a guy who always calls.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:08 AM

I dont mind pf really even though my default play is to muck. just fold the flop.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good read villain called with 86o

[/ QUOTE ]

dirty