Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 07:14 AM

Default NL25 99 Raising a Cbet

I've been at the table for about 80 hands villain has been here for about 2/3s of that. Have not seen him do anything out of line. I've been somewhat card dead so have been running about 10/6 villain is 17/10/1.25 WTSD 8% over 61 hands. I thought this was a good flop to challenge his cbet. I think I should have raised more but his bet was only half the pot plus I thought he was a weak player and that pretty much any aggression would get a fold. Comments? Turn?

Thanks.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($25.25)
Button ($16.50)
SB ($34.45)
BB ($15.15)
UTG ($32.40)
MP1 ($30.25)
MP2 ($14.40)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($1.85) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $0.9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, MP1 calls $1.35.

Turn: ($6.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $2.75</font>, Hero?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: NL25 99 Raising a Cbet

You're right, you should ve raised a little bit more, to say at least 2.75.
When villains come out betting again after they have been raised on the flop, I often get kind of scared I have to admit. What kind of range can he have here and what kind of range is he giving you here? He raised PF which could be every big pair or the usual AK, AQ stuff. His CB is pretty small but he calls your raise. He would call with a FD here, but would he bet the turn again with an FD? I don't think so. I don't see how he could have a 6 in his hand, so turn can't have helped him too much, right? Yet, the 6 of clubs makes the board even more drawy and he could feel the need to protect his overpair but his turn bet is ridiculously small.
From his line in this hand, I don't see him folding to a second raise, agreed OP? As you are only drawing to 2 outs though, calling also does not make a lot of sense. Looks like folding here would be the choice, especially as long as you haven't invested too much in the pot, because if you call here, you pretty much have to call a reasonable river bet too if a brick comes off.
So, I tend to fold though it looks damn weak in this spot...
Old 09-26-2007, 09:48 AM

could he be making a small blocking bet on the turn, hoping you don't raise, in order to see the river cheaply?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:58 AM

I usually would raise more, but i'm not all that sure it would make much of a difference. We're looking to fold out overs here and that's it really. Doubtful we are folding overpairs or FD's anyway so I don't know if 3 is any better than 2.25...

On the turn i'd have to go under the assumption he has an overpair, most of which beat us right now. It's not impossible he has a FD, but I think this is alot less of a possibility than an overpair. I guess i'd fold, though the his small bet size is pretty tempting.