Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 PM

Default 1.00-2.00......77 on a QQ6 flop

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

SB is TAG. Are you going to play this hand (and how)? or just fold
Old 09-25-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: 1.00-2.00......77 on a QQ6 flop

i fold the flop.

pf raise is questionable btw
Old 09-25-2007, 09:06 PM

I agree w/ Kit PF, I like limping EP w/ low PPs to induce a trail of callers, hoping to flop a set and if not, I only lose .5 BB.

At a full 10 handed table, I think you have to dump if SB is tag, unless you think SB slows down on turn because of QQ on board.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:02 AM

I agree, preflop is questionable.

On the flop - SB is firing a continuation bet which may or may or not be a hand that beats us and badly so. That flop is hard to hit and a TAG should know that.

I'm considering a raise here: representing AQ, KQ, JJ-TT or similar we could have raised from EP and only called a 3-bet with. If not met with anymore aggression from SB my plan would be to bet any turn Q or lower and take a free showdown if given. I'm giving up on the hand if an A or K falls. I fold if SB leads the turn or river or caps the flop.

The pot is big and this line might payoff often enough to try it sometimes against a TAG.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, preflop is questionable.

On the flop - SB is firing a continuation bet which may or may or not be a hand that beats us and badly so. That flop is hard to hit and a TAG should know that.

I'm considering a raise here: representing AQ, KQ, JJ-TT or similar we could have raised from EP and only called a 3-bet with. If not met with anymore aggression from SB my plan would be to bet any turn Q or lower and take a free showdown if given. I'm giving up on the hand if an A or K falls. I fold if SB leads the turn or river or caps the flop.

The pot is big and this line might payoff often enough to try it sometimes against a TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB's range is probably TT+ and AK which means are are in bad shape and there is basically no way we are getting villian to fold TT/JJ type hands.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 AM

pf is okay, but you had better be able to play poker postflop. i once raised as low as 66 UTG(still do on occasion but not as a default), but have since been convinced the better play is limp up to about 88(sometimes even 99).

after the flop, there are several ways to play this hand. getting 10-1 against the SB's range i sure don't think we should fold yet. we would be giving up as much as 1.65BB of our equity in the pot.

this is assuming SB's range is: 77+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+,KQo?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pf is okay, but you had better be able to play poker postflop. i once raised as low as 66 UTG(still do on occasion but not as a default), but have since been convinced the better play is limp up to about 88(sometimes even 99).

after the flop, there are several ways to play this hand. getting 10-1 against the SB's range i sure don't think we should fold yet. we would be giving up as much as 1.65BB of our equity in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way that I'm assuming somebody is 3betting a EP raise out of the blinds that light without a read.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way that I'm assuming somebody is 3betting a EP raise out of the blinds that light without a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even assuming SB's range is TT+ and AK.

TT and JJ is 12 combos, QQ is 1. KK and AA is 12 combos. Thats 19 combos where hero is drawing to 0 or 2 outs.

AK is 16 combos where villain is drawing to 6 outs.

Even against that tight range it would be a mistake to fold the flop.

Adding more hands to his range like AJs and its a bigger mistake to fold.

Ask yourself whether villain will 3-barrel AK UI? If not this is an easy c/c c/c c/f.

If you are not sure, then you need to c/c c/c c/c and remember to hate yourself when you call the river.

Obviously fold if an A or K shows up.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:20 AM

I seem to be the only one considering putting in a raise here. Hmm. I guess I need reconsider my motives:

Motive 1: trying to get to showdown cheaper (free card on turn or river)
Motive 2: getting the villain to fold a bigger pair than mine (probably needs a weakish villain)
Motive 3: getting the villain to fold a draw with 1-2 overcards (AK, AJs - not so probable holding)

In a big pot 2&amp; 3 would be very good results.

However - raising here is not necessarily what Q-trips would do in position so our raise doesn't necessary look beliavable. Noticing this villain might 3-bet or call and lead the turn even with AK basically forcing us to fold.

Calling and raising the turn for free showdown + 2&amp;3 might succeed better in presenting trips but would be spew when behind.

I guess I'm a bit too trigger-happy...
Old 09-26-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: 1.00-2.00......77 on a QQ6 flop *DELETED*

Post deleted by KitCloudkicker