Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 08:22 PM

Default separate from \" Per Hour Rate\" thread

I can purchase a prepaid Western Union card for transfers to Poker Stars (if PS accepts them), however, will PS transfer money back to Western Union? I don't have a bank account, so that's out.

If this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it.

Appreciate the help.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: separate from \" Per Hour Rate\" thread

check Pokerstars FAQ's and or deposit / withdrawal guidelines.

My hunch is going to be no. I bet they can cut you a check though.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:22 AM

a check would be difficult to cash at a bank where I don't hold an account. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 03:02 AM

You would have to pay a fee, but you can still cash that check. My advice would be to get a bank account though.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:52 AM

this is all so complicated for me. PS has the e-passport, but my understanding is that epass has to be loaded with either a checking account or a Visa/Master Card, but the US will not allow the credit card companies to transfer to gambling sites - isn't this just running around in a circle?

They offer the Visa Virtual card, which I can use to deposit, but here we have the same problem, PS can't transfer funds into Visa?? I'm so confused.

The way I see it is I can signup for epass: will the US Visas and MasterCards be allowed to transfer funds to epass? Then, I can use epass to deposit to Stars? But what about the cashouts? Looks like PS will transfer the funds to epass, but then how do I get the money? No US bank will cash a check from a gambling site, if I understand the law correctly.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:50 PM

A buddy of mine set up an epassport account from PS, and went through the verification process. Got a call from his cc company that said a foreign bank was trying to access the account, he said that weas fine and got the amount that epass sent for verification, but Visa wouldn't agree to the charge. He went ahead and tried to verify the amount on epass, they accepted it, but then called back to say that Visa had declined it. Sent an email to PS, but they haven't replied in 24 hrs. Anyone know what's up?