FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Default NL 200 - decisions, some tough spots, expert help needed

All 6-max games.

villain here is 24/15 and does not call much post flop
Seat 3: HeIIo, Jerry ($303.35 in chips)
Seat 6: HERO ($197 in chips)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Hero: raises $6 to $8
HeIIo, Jerry: raises $14 to $22
HERO: calls $14 <-- should I just fold here?

*** FLOP *** [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
HeIIo, Jerry: bets $30
Hero: calls $30 <-- i float this hoping to take it away on the turn

*** TURN *** [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
HeIIo, Jerry: checks
Hero: checks <-- now that I make a hand, i am beating all of his range except aa,kk,qq (very unlikely here as i have a Q)

*** RIVER *** [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
HeIIo, Jerry: bets $251.35 and is all-in
Hero: ????? <- got what i wanted but the player open pushes over the pot ?

villain is unknown.
i check behind on flop b/c i feel i am wa wb

Seat 3: DrDray ($200 in chips)
Seat 4: HERO ($294.05 in chips)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
DrDray: raises $6 to $8
HERO: raises $20 to $28
DrDray: calls $20

*** FLOP *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
DrDray: checks
Hero: checks <-- i am either wa or wb and i want some value out of my A so i check. is this a terrible plan?

*** TURN *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]][7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
DrDray: bets $24
HERO: calls $24 <-- very dry board no need to raise.

*** RIVER *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
DrDray: bets $70 <-- about 3/4 of the pot.
HERO: ??? <-- this is a big river bet and it screams of JJ. what do i do here ?

Villain is 12/12 over 50 hands.
Does my line suck, is it too passive ?
Seat 1: Bri-c ($497.40 in chips)
Seat 5: HERO($380.95 in chips)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
HERO: raises $6 to $8
Bri-c: raises $24 to $32
HERO: calls $24

*** FLOP *** [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Bri-c: checks
HERO: checks

*** TURN *** [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]][6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Bri-c: bets $48
HERO: calls $48

*** RIVER *** [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Bri-c: bets $134
HERO: ??? <-- i have been pretty passive the whole hand. this seems like an obv fold, anyone else play it differently
Old 09-24-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: NL 200 - decisions, some tough spots, expert help needed

hand 1 wouldn't be a terrible laydown. usually when people do something really bizarre like this they either have no pair or the nuts. hand 2 is an automatic call. hand 3 is a little tougher. with a good read you could call this but i doubt you have a good read so it's a pretty ez fold.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:29 PM

Hand 1: Fold pf. Thats a bad board to float as villain is not folding any pps. Villain is rarely bluffing the river like that imo, looks like he missed a turn check raise, fold

Hand 2: There's a flush draw on the board you need to bet the flop. River is a fold as you beat AT and a bluff.

Hand 3: I dont mind the passive line the guy has been playing nitty. I'd be interested ti know if anyone shoves the turn as i've been considering it and not sure if it would be correct?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Fold pf. Thats a bad board to float as villain is not folding any pps. Villain is rarely bluffing the river like that imo, looks like he missed a turn check raise, fold

Hand 2: There's a flush draw on the board you need to bet the flop. River is a fold as you beat AT and a bluff.

Hand 3: I dont mind the passive line the guy has been playing nitty. I'd be interested ti know if anyone shoves the turn as i've been considering it and not sure if it would be correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is ultra tight IMO.

Hand 1 you cant fold AQ specially with position. Hand 2, You need to bet the turn for info.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:08 PM

Hand 1 I fold pf... and thats not a great flop to float on...

Hand 2 is not a very good wawb situation you gotta bet that flop

Hand 3 I bet flop and c/f turn unimproved
Old 09-24-2007, 04:09 PM

Please post one hand per thread.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is ultra tight IMO.

Hand 1 you cant fold AQ specially with position. Hand 2, You need to bet the turn for info.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your plan in a 3bet pot against a relative unknown with AQ. The flop is going to come down, and he/she is going to c-bet a high percentage of the time.

What is a good flop for you? Outside of AAA, QQQ, AQQ, and AAQ.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:15 PM

Im with stupid
Old 09-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Hand 1 is pretty tough IMO, call/fold seems equally good to me. He could easily have AA, KK from the way he played it preflop (only a rather small reraise oop to drag you along). I probably fold as you have rather little invested.

Hand 2: I think it is well played, and i am pretty sure less than AQ would bet flop. I can see set 9 in that play, but i see a steaming KK-QQ more often. I flat call all the way, as i believe i am ahead on flop, i think you would only be able to fold it if you had bet out earlier in the hand and found out where you stood. Played like this, is is a call any day.

Hand 3: Well played again, you're unlucky with the river, but i prefer flat call on turn, as you are most likely to be ahead. Taking that line, you are more likely to be +ev if you call turn and river (w/o the A or K hitting) hoping for a 2nd barrel on river.
I see no point in raising turn, as it's likely a bluff on a dry board, and villains calling range beats you hard. WP imo...