Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Questions

Online 3/6.

EP is loose preflop, but not so loose postflop.

BB is LAG 35/25/2.5 and goes to showdown a lot.

EP limps, I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB calls, EP calls.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Checked to me. Easy bet? Easy Check?

I checked.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB bets, EP folds, and I??
Old 09-24-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Questions

Hi Rico

My initial reaction is "bet the flop" and "fold the turn; if you wanted to fight over this small pot, you should have bet the flop."

I'm not entirely sure about that anymore though.

I like the idea of letting an aggressive player hang himself, but I'm not sure I like committing ourself to calling the river (which I think we're doing if we call the turn) when there are so many ugly river cards.

-McGee
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 PM

i usually bet the flop (not always).

some of my flop play depends on 3rd level metagame - ill talk about this in Chapter 2 of my PB dissertation.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 PM

I think preflop is good obv. I think flop is somewhere between an easy bet and meh. The board is pretty terrible for us. I'm betting it against a blind and a loose EP limper. Perhaps their WTSDs could help us decide? The higher that is, the less likely we should be to bet. I think checking this flop would be better in say a 3 or 4 handed game where changeups/metagame can be good and they fold here less. I think we bet the flop to get them to fold a hand with outs to beat us and it will get us a free card at the turn we might need. As played I reckon this is an easy turn fold.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:58 PM

i instabet that flop.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:09 PM

I bet the flop for sure. After that i'm pretty much done with the hand. I'll check the turn if checked to and might call a bet on the river if no more spades come and the pot gets heads up.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:26 PM

Bet flop, fold turn.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:58 PM

because of the monotone flop i bet it
Old 09-24-2007, 03:09 PM

Aces:

[ QUOTE ]
My initial reaction is "bet the flop" and "fold the turn; if you wanted to fight over this small pot, you should have bet the flop."

I'm not entirely sure about that anymore though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of the quick debate I had at the time of the hand. Had I not been up against a LAG, I would bet. But that flop sucks so bad for my hand, I really question whether a bet here on this board is worth it. Sure, I could be ahead, which could certainly justify a bet, but even if I am ahead, I am getting outdrawn a huge % of the time. Also, my hand really can't take any heat on this board. If the LAG c/r, which is much more likely than him check folding imo, are we stuck folding the turn unimproved after putting in 2 bets on the flop?

I guess in my mind, the bad outcomes of betting the flop (getting c/r, getting donked into on the turn afer not improving are much, much more likely than the good outcomes--like taking down the pot, everyone checking to me allowing me to SD for 1 more bet (either the turn or river), etc.

I must assume my thinking is flawed since everyone wants to instabet the flop.

And, btw, not much discussion on the turn..but I like my hand a bit better on that turn card, especially when EP folded.

--Rico
Old 09-24-2007, 03:33 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with checking the flop, since BB is a LAG and you're pretty sure he'll call. I just like the clean decision line of taking one stab on the flop and getting out of Dodge thereafter..