Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:27 AM

Default Why is Nation a mod in this forum?

Someone seems to have accidentally moved this thread to some other forum.
Anyhow:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I don't read FR and don't really care if nation is or is not its mod, but LOL at all the people in this thread who are acting like nation stole the Conch Shell of Modship and doesn't deserve the +2 bonus to Posting Ability it confers or whatever

Modship doesn't confer anything special or come with a lot of rights, benefits, or privileges, guys. It's kinda hard to get removed unless you actively suck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Nation says he coaches. He is using his modship on 2+2 as a draw. Maybe its all bull and he doesn't coach anyone, in which case he should take the sign down.

2. And what exactly has this got to do with you?

OK so just to sum up:

a) Nation helped out with the forum once.
b) He does nothing to support the FR forum now.
c) He says he is going to carry on doing nothing.
d) He doesn't even play FR any more
c) His involvement with the bot sweatshop reflects badly on the forum generally and FR in particular.

I should just add that I am not interested in modship and I have no personal beef against Nation. That's why these complaints are better coming from me rather than someone with an axe to grind.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Why is Nation a mod in this forum?

It wasn't accidently moved. The more appropriate place for this thread is in about the forums. Also, we saw this the first time. He isn't hurting anything by being a mod so who cares. I personally think he shouldn't be a mod, but wtfe.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:33 AM

Does anyone care?

Nothing personal against OP, but who cares?
Old 09-24-2007, 04:37 AM

The origional thread wasnt accidentally moved.

a) Nation helped out with the forum once.

He created it, as my memory serves from the old thread in ATf

b) He does nothing to support the FR forum now.

He keeps out spam and tends to any notified posts. What do you expect him to do exactly?

c) He says he is going to carry on doing nothing.

See B.

d) He doesn't even play FR any more

So? He is a mod, not the lord and ruler of FR land.

c) His involvement with the bot sweatshop reflects badly on the forum generally and FR in particular.

It didnt reflect badly on this forum or FR games at all. It reflected badly on him, but that has already been dealt with and its accepted he didnt do anything wrong or else he wouldnt be a mod here.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:47 AM

Quote:

hey guys,

full ring has a ton of active mods these days. i really just respond to user notifications if i can get to it fast enough.

IE nothing.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:56 AM

You do realise that is exactly what a mod does right?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:00 AM

Very likely it isnt a newbies place to say so, but this kinda seems to me like a personal vendetta or a witchhunt.
But by all means, put this thread in some other places as well please ... So far I've only seen it in FR twice today.

good day
timo
Old 09-24-2007, 05:01 AM

What, nothing? No, the mods who are worth anything actively participate in the forum.

As for Nation actually doing spam patrol and user notifications, you don't really believe that do you? "if I get to it fast enough". He's quite right, FR is very well modded, just not by him. That's why it was necessary for a new mod to be added recently.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:26 AM

Nation was the most vocal poster/campaigner about the creation of this forum, and the forum exists in large part to his efforts. Frankly, it probably wouldn't exist without his efforts - it certainly wouldn't have been opened at the time it was without his campaigning. I for my part pushed for it in the mod forum at the same time (as did Berge and I think a couple of others).

I also have been happy for him to stay on the roster, but only on the assumption he was absent for his own reasons and may return as an active poster at some point. The admins occasionally have 'mod clearouts' to spot which mods aren't active anymore to clean up all the forums, and I was planning to suggest he be dropped in the next one, on the understanding if he wanted to return and had become an active poster again, remodding for him would be a shoe-in.

But given he says he responds to mod notification, I see no real reason to have him removed - it's not like he's blocking anyone else becoming a mod; if we need more mods, Berge and I (and now CMAR) would discuss it to decide who's the best fit for the job, and then we'd approach whoever to see if he/she is interested.

I'm leaving this thread open for now, but really, we don't need 2 threads in 2 different forums for this.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:33 AM

Ok, well I have nothing further to add on the subject.
Closed Thread