Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2006, 03:57 PM

Default Improving my blindplay at 3/6

I had a few interesting hands today. All of them are mostly involving blindplay and stealing.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>

villain is tag (stealing a lot lately).
think i messed this one up somehow. theres gotta be a better postflop-line.

villain is the same as in #1
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero check/calls...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>

anyone fold flop?

quick one
fishy LoosePassive raises on CO (Stealattempts something like 10-15ish)
Hero folds A9s
Old 03-02-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Improving my blindplay at 3/6

#1-IF I call the raise pf, I like to check raise the flop here and lead the turn and fold to a raise
#2-don't mind how you played it, I assume you call a river bet.
#3- I just call the turn and check down ? too weak? I don't think villan is folding on the river.
#4-RR or fold
Old 03-02-2006, 04:18 PM

1. I C/R flop because he'll call down this board with A hi. Just pray the turn/river don't come A and then K.

2. Eh, no 100% correct answer, don't mind how you played it. I think it has a lot to do with how often the tag fires with air on the turn again. If he'll bet turn almost every time, I like CC, CC, donk. I think this one is pretty interesting though.

3. I only like this if the guy is capable of folding on the turn. He probably has some PP, or A hi and isn't folding anywhere.

4. Are we on button? If so and fishy guy folds when he misses pretty easily, I 3bet. If he has a wtsd of 50% and we're in the SB, I fold.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:23 PM

Hand 1: I don't think there's a real formula for these. Your line seems all right to me.

I probably would have checkraised the flop instead. Before that, I would have folded preflop.

Hand 2: It seems all right to me.

Bet-folding the river is another option, I think.

Hand 3: It looks okay.

You're probably getting called on the river, but you don't need to get a fold very often.

Hand 4: Are you in the BB? If so, I would have called.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:11 PM

Hand 1 I fold preflop, but if I played it I probably just call this down. Why c/r the turn? Get him to fold 88 or 99 no club? This just seems really fancy.

Hand 2 I think is good.

Hand 3 I think I peel the flop here, I like the turn raise but I probably check behind the river.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:20 PM

im not sure if A-hi calls a lot on these boards on the river. a 9 is low enough to have missed him, but he can easily believe me that i had something like 98+ J9+ on a steal. i know that no PP is going anywhere, but the opportunity was good and as u said it doesnt have to work very often

#4 is on the button
i dont remember wtsd. i just felt its not worth to compete with someone who might have me dominated or holds 88+ most of the time. but i want to hear if you guys think differently in such a case.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
#4 is on the button
i dont remember wtsd. i just felt its not worth to compete with someone who might have me dominated or holds 88+ most of the time. but i want to hear if you guys think differently in such a case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably just fold, like you did.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:53 PM

concerning #1
i recently started calling steal-raises with suited semi-junk (i dont mean 63s, more like Q6s and stuff).
i like the fact that its less likely to be dominated and its pretty easy to toss when you miss the flop and when you hit your low pair its pretty hidden. when you play back at him at a 762board villain will think your full of crap and calls down A-hi. giving you tons of +ev to make up for the preflop -ev.

i know they do this at higher stakes, i dont know if this is ok at 3/6 too.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:59 PM

In hand 3 im prety sure he calls a bet on the river after calling on the turn.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:27 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Check raise this flop and lead the whole way until raised

2. Hmmm, i think you are good here to pop it on the river with midpair although him calling down does worry me. Again, the read you got in the first hand would help since you'd be able to know if he'll call you down with any pair in a blind steal situation or he can find a fold. But I bet again on the river.

3. Hand 3, i check behind. You semi-bluff raised to get an extra bet out of him if you hit/maybe make him fold on the turn/check behind since you'll probably be losing on the river. Betting here is not going to make him fold most likely since that card isn't that scary unless he really thinks you went nuts and tried to steal with 74 or 42. He'll likely call

4. I would not fold a9s in a steal situation unless the guy has no idea what a steal is and is tight. I.E., he usually limps late and only raises with premium hands

edit: i misread hand 1