Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 04:16 AM

Default 2 confusing hands yet common hands

Villain has 50/16 stats after 100 hands, no reads

Full Tilt 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, MP calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

Button is 55/20 after 80 hands and SB is 46/16 without any relevant reads

Full Tilt 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB
Old 09-23-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: 2 confusing hands yet common hands

The flop bet in hand #1 was a misclick right? Anyway, turn and river are fine. He either has KK, maybe JJ, but probaby tried to set a clever tarp with AQ, AA, QQ.

Hand #2 is close. The pot is small, but sb has A high very often so you really only have to beat button. I think button is making a stupid bluff enough to overcall, but folding isnt awful. Also, looking at it again, river should be a bet.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:52 AM

Hand 1 I call because he deserves a tip for that kind of performance.

Hand two I also call because I see a lot of guys "value bet" A-high here. Other guy has a lot of A/K high too and also 22/A3/k3s/54/64s. He lacks a lot of stuff that beats you in his range as well.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:56 AM

Hand 2 should be a river bet. I don't see how button beats you unless this is the worse slowplay in history. Also seems pretty unlikely SB got this passive with a better hand.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:43 AM

Hand1:I would not bet flop.But as played I would bet turn too. Since I would feel compelled to call down a river bet anyway I´d rather charge him because he could have tons of outs or at least a worse hand that calls. I´m not that afraid of folding the best hand to a turn checkraise.
Limp reraises that checks flop are generally either a monster or a trash hand.
Again as played I would call river and take a note.

Hand2: I fold since I don´t like neither the bet or the overcall. It feels like button had a lot of opportunities to take down the pot with a bluff bet.
I don´t like SB:s call either.The fact that the board 3-flushes means that his calling range is much bigger than usual.Hands that would have checkraised he know just calls.
Maybe they are so bad that an overcall is profitable.
In this hand it obviously was so but I´m not sure you win this often enough to be profitable overall.