Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 02:17 AM

Default $11 TT under distress

the villain in this hand has raised 3 or 4 hands with out getting called, beside that no read. i basically think i f'ed this hand up from the beginning. what do u different...

effective stack 1425 blinds = 25/50

hero is dealt 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in mp3

preflop: folds to Hero who raises to 155, button min raises to 310 and hero calls.

flop (695) Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero checks, button bets 180, hero calls ??????

turn (875) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero c/fs

i know i cant call prefop for set value but i wasnt feeling a push and i couldnt muster a fold. do i have to c/r this flop? basically i have no clue what to do
Old 09-22-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: $11 TT under distress

I may just open limp this to prevent g etting reraised pre, but 155 isnt bad. As played definitely c all the minraise pre, c/c on the flop isnt terrible but why is he beting so weak, and turn is 110% c/f
Old 09-22-2007, 03:33 AM

vs an active opponent, I just shove pre. Min raise is either weakness or strength depending on the opponent. I always make a note at a showdown to confirm one or the other. I don't think you can find a fold here pre (well, you shouldn't) and flatting makes you play the hand OOP. Also, w/ TT there's not a ton of flops you'll like. As played, I CRAI the flop as opponent's bet is close to 1/4th the pot and looks like a pretty weak c-bet.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:29 AM

I would call preflop. If button min-raises i'd call and c what happens on flop. If he bets flop I would fold.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:12 PM

bump

my real struggles were pre flop and on the flop. is this a spot where i need to shove or fold pre? if i do call oop do i have to c/r ai on all flops that are good for me like this one???
Old 09-22-2007, 03:23 PM

Raise 200-250 preflop, push allin after min reraise. Or fold if you think thats QQ+ inviting, which given hes reraise activity most likey isn't the case.
As for the flop its a good one for TT so reraise him. I think i like the check because against such opponents is very obvious he would bet flop, and youll get some extra information.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Q.. Whatever your logic for Open-raising 4-5BB in a SNG is most likely flawed. OP PF raise is good. Call is okay. Check call the flop is meh.

OP how big a bet did he make on the turn ??
Old 09-22-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Q.. Whatever your logic for Open-raising 4-5BB in a SNG is most likely flawed. OP PF raise is good. Call is okay. Check call the flop is meh.

OP how big a bet did he make on the turn ??

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it was like 2/3 pot or something, i was automucking tho. i just felt dirty for calling pre and on the flop...
Old 09-23-2007, 08:51 AM

Hmm its interesting you don't like 4bb here. 5 bb im suggesting because i am not sure if people notice difference at this level and it would influence anything in their decisions, id really raise 4 bb and please tell me whats flawed there. 4bb is still only 1/7 of our stack so i think thats ok. With jacks-nines i really want 1 caller or im fine with taking down blinds.