Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Two Semi-Light 4b Shoves (200nl)

The key thing that made these hands kinda interesting and different were they each involved a big fish, which really influenced me to 4b, each time pratically for value and not a bluff (though I do want the original 3bettor ot fold obv)... All players involved are full stacked.

Hand 1:

Mr X runs at 20/19 and literaally never seems to flat pre, he always either 3bs or folds.. he's been relentlessly 3bing me. I recently 4b him with A9s and he folded and quietend down alot... But onto the hand to discuess.

I Open w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP, Mr X 3b's me from the SB, even thuogh he's been quiet since my previous 4b I still think he has a wide range here.

A big drooler (60/20 type) overcalls in the BB, his range is so wide: I think A4s+ and any PP, also the odd JT,KQ type hand... So it gets back to me in MP and I 4b Shove, practically for value and not a bluff.

Hand 2:

Same situation, a relative unkown 3bs me preflop... I maybe had 30 hands and he was probably 25/17 ish, he seemed competend and solid enough sLag.

Big fish overcalls the 3b and I 4b shove w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Each time I would of probably done this with a hand as weak as ATo.

What do you guys think?

The interesting thing is both times my cards got to SD and the regs see my squeezy 4b adding very interesting dynamic / metagame.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Two Semi-Light 4b Shoves (200nl)

hate the first hand, 2nd hand is less bad, what are the relative positions in the second hand?

Don't 4-bet unknowns until they aren't unknowns anymore, this is a good rule of thumb.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:15 PM

Cannot remember positions in the second hand, i think maybe fish limped, i iso'd in CO then sLag 3bs from blinds.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:16 PM

shpanko whats so bad about it? Agressive 3bettor has a wide range and so does fish, who may even call me with a worse hand or flip whereby I get decent enough price due to dead money out there.