Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2007, 06:09 PM

Default quitting a NL session once you have reached 10% of total bankroll

it is my belief that you play longer when table conditions are optimal, (running good, weaker opponents, feeling good) and quit sooner when the opposite occurs.

i have read many articles explaining why not to set win/loss limits or time limits to your play and to play the table conditions instead.

on fulltilt chris ferguson has finished his second run at turning $0 into $10,000 and $1 into $20,000. he gives strict guidlines to which he follows and mentions that anytime he plays NL or PL holdem once the money on the table reaches 10% of his total bankroll he must leave once the blinds reach him.

example: chris has a $200 bankroll. he buys in for $10 at a .05/.10 NL game leaving him with $190 bankroll and $10 at the table. now if i understand this right he leaves once that $10 reaches $20.

im not sure i agree or understand this IF the table conditions are in favor. i have played .05/.10 before and remember hitting $50 even $60 at times but would have never gotten there under those guidlines.

just curious if anyone can shed light to this subject or any feedback?

thanks