Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Suggestion For Stars Secure ID #

I requested a stars secure id the other day to discurage hackers/keyloggers. they gave me one just fine. the thing is that i was expecting it to be like a pin that is entered by clicking a kepad on the stars logging. but all it was is key entry. i'm not sure how that gives me any extra protection. how hard would it be for stars to put an encripted key pad in the software for members with a secure id?

is this something you would like to see?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Suggestion For Stars Secure ID #

That's a good idea, although some keylogging programs also record mouse clicks and/or screenshots. So it would be defeated in that case.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 PM

It would be a good start. People will always try and find a way to exploit it. With the money stars recieves from its player base though they should have a team developing ways to stay ahead.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:24 PM

The solution to all of this is a Two Factor Authentication bingo like card. You sign in and are prompted for a random set of numbers off the grid. This way you need to know your password AND actually have your card. It might be costly but I think they could offer it to people who want to pay for it.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:39 PM

ajml,

the current leading technology in this area involves a token with a number that changes every minute.

i'm unsure whether it is a brand or a technique, but googling "rsa token" should get you more info on it if needed.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The solution to all of this is a Two Factor Authentication bingo like card. You sign in and are prompted for a random set of numbers off the grid. This way you need to know your password AND actually have your card. It might be costly but I think they could offer it to people who want to pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a good idea. I think it should be optional, and maybe only require it when logging in from a different IP?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the current leading technology in this area involves a token with a number that changes every minute.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly what most retail banks are now using and it comes in the form of a small token that you can simply attach to your key ring. They are very good and must be feasible to roll out to a large group if someone like HSBC are able to do so.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly what most retail banks are now using and it comes in the form of a small token that you can simply attach to your key ring. They are very good and must be feasible to roll out to a large group if someone like HSBC are able to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, these things are really cheap - and at the end of the day Stars (or whoever) can pass the cost on directly to us players and we will gladly pay it.

My mate works for Amec and they use these things for accessing secure areas, theyre pretty cool actually.

Im only guessing, but it wouldnt shock me whatsoever if Stars is developing this technology behind the scenes.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:21 AM