Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 11:47 AM

Default how do y\'all play this (long)

youre playing 22/18, but aggro. handreading well, vbetting thin, definitely bluffing/floating etc. you get more out of line than most for sure. villain is a 40/25 lag, toward the fishy side. youre somewhat certain over a small sample that he 3bets wide. full 6 handed table, youve only been here for a few orbits and havent gotten into any battles with any tags yet. 100bb effective.

ok, so 2 folds and you open A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] CO to $35 at 5/10. villain, on BTN, 3-bets to $120 and blinds fold.

so now..

how often do you fold:call:reraise (ex: 0:30:70)

when you call, what kinds of flops are you c/r bluffing (or protecting equity)? what kinds of flops are you c/fing? what types of flops are you c/cing?

when you reraise, what amount are you 4betting to? committing? shove? small?

if you make a comitting 4bet, say to $350, are you cbetting most flops? none? some?

if you make a small 4bet, say to $250, are you folding to a shove? c-betting many flops? some? none? what kinds?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: how do y\'all play this (long)

wow this is an awsome post.. i cant believe no one has responded yet. Im only gonna answer the first part b/c I'm sick and want to comment when I feel better and can give better answers.

I definitly go after this opponent early in the session when im somewhat unknown to him, so AQo ill almost always 4bet.. so say like..

0:10:90
AQs Ill call more often and c/r lots of flops, but I'll explain that later. Ill 4b to like uhh I duno I hate tough decisions so I'd prob 4b to like 350ish to commit myself.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:58 PM

This is all very gameflow dependant. Very hard to give any clearcut answers here.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:04 PM

i described as much about the situation as i could. saying "gameflow dependent" is a copout.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:06 PM

shoving seems good in this situation (pf) sucks playing this hand oop. Do we know his cbetting frequencies?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i described as much about the situation as i could. saying "gameflow dependent" is a copout.

[/ QUOTE ]
qft
Old 09-20-2007, 01:10 PM

for one, I'm going to say 0:80:20. Unless he's getting particularly out of line recently, I'm not gonna like 4 betting. However, if it's been awhile, it's probably more likely that he has a dominated hand we can WTFFFFPWNNNNN postflop (QK, AJ, AT), and I'd like a call here. However if he's 3betting a lot recently, and is probably more likely to have suited connectors, 1/2 gappers, then 4bet his ass to 7-11 to get a bandaid for his newly torn one.

As for flops I really think it depends on his cbet frequency. If it's moderately high, I'm just gonna crai high card rag flops like J48r, fold any flop with a K.
I also might c/c if I hit. I'm never c/cing when I miss, vs this guy.

And have you been 4betting this dude lately? You say you haven't battled TAGs, but hasve you tangled with him? THe more you have tangled with him, the more likely I am to snapcall a push with AQ, the less you have, the less I like calling a push.

I am also 4betting not that high, because I feel it accomplishes the same thing (he's gonna play it the same with w/e hand he has anyway).

If i 4bet and he flats, i'm giving up if I don't hit. too often this is just 88-JJ waiting to call an all in on a clean looking flop.

CLEAN UP MY THOUGHT PROCESSES!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:11 PM

i think i addressed everything in your post.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:13 PM

0:40:60. If its AQss, then it'd prolly be 20:80.

regarding c/r bluffing, i'm not as good as you so I prolly don't do it that often and would only consider doing it on say Kxx flop. I would hate doing it on a low board because I find that these sorts of opponents will never ever fold their overpair to me ever. Esp based on your image, it's pretty bad cause its more likely that he'll look you up often. I would c/c most Qxx and Axx flops do it prolly on a 30:70 basis where I c/r these flops 30% of the time. I'd prolly be going broke on both these spots, unless something drastically changes.

I 4-bet so that I commit myself so 380 or so. I prolly am c-betting and calling most flops cause we have so much already invested and unless the board is absolutely atrocious, I think we have decent equity against this type of player's range. Maybe bad but w/e.

If you raise to 250, I prolly don't fold to a shove that often cause you have to call 750 in a 1250 pot, so you need like 37% equity. He basically has to have KK+ everytime for that to happen, and I doubt that's gonna be true of a 1000nl game. If I c-bet to 250 and he calls, I'm generally giving up on most flops cause his line is sooooo strong and the only one where'd I'd be willing to c-bet is say a Jxx or a Kxx flop.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:14 PM

this is probably one of the toughest spots in poker, i like calling a lo more than re raising because hell fold a lot of the hands were ahead of. I think cold calling and c/r some flops you miss is way better than 3 betting all in (which is an overshove) or making it like a 2.5 x re raise and folding to a shove making u prone to people bluff shoving. Id c/r flops ere i have a draw like 10 j x, and soem other ones 2, like k xx flops where the chances hes c betting are high. Flops where there are a bunch of low cards arent as good because good players are unlikely to fire c bets at those flops as frequently and ur equity is horrible if you get all in