Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2006, 04:01 AM

Default CRAP!!!!!!!!! Need a river line in a big pot

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (14.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: (11.66 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

wtf is my plan now

utg is 576.4/.87/.72 over 115, and is really bad

button is 45.2/17.3/1.23 over 356 and I don't have much of a real read on him other then his stats(these were most likely mined before the software switch)

is utg bets, fold? if checked to, I plan on betting, but is that right, the button does seem the type to maybe pull something on this river. UTG is passive enough so that if I see any aggression from him at all, I'm most likely dumping my hand. A fair amount of hands now beat me that would be in the button's PF three betting range, I am still worried about a jack, and now I'm worried about AQ, KQ, and even 77, along with any posible massive hand that he might've slowplayed
Old 03-02-2006, 04:08 AM

Default Re: CRAP!!!!!!!!! Need a river line in a big pot

Don't forget that you beat quite a few 2pair hands. If UTG bets I'd fold with button to act behind you. I check call this. I'd make the overcall as well.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:40 AM

Let us see huge pot-go ahead and overcall utg could have anything literally, button could have jacks up with eights or 10s or 9s or a high or pockets qs. Generally when the pot is big you have to play looser of course, but utg would most likely not bet without the goods. Opponets do not play reasonably, hence pot odds become more important than hand reading.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:29 AM

It would tear my heart out, but I think check fold.

You beat nothing that either bets.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:18 AM

I wouldn't fold for one bet on the river, no matter where it comes from. I would call utg's bet, bet/fold if checked to me. This situation sucks.