Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 12:06 AM

Default 44 vs QJ on absolute poker 3 dollar rebus

Ok sorry i dont have a hand history convertor thing but heres the best i remember..
i have about 13000, villan has about 12500.. he has been pretty active calling alot of flops and i have been playing pretty tight only showing down with good solid hands.

anyway the blinds just went to 500/1000 with 100 ante i think and in late middle position with 44.. everyone seems to respect me as they fold to my small raises..
villan has QJ offsuit in the small blind

Preflop
everyone folds to me and i raise to 2800.. everyone folds round to small blind to calls my raise..
Flop
comes out 10 9 6 rainbow and he checks to me.. i want to bet this as i put him on two pictures or an average pocket which he was looking to hit.. as the pot is approx. 6500 i want to bet pot but as i only have about 10000 i think i may as well push it all in..
so i push all in he thinks for a second and calls and hits a j on the turn to knock me out..

is this a good push or should i be checking and folding to his bet on the turn or river? i know i probably should be raising this preflop anyway but i hadnt raised in a few orbits; was getting shorter and shorter and thought everyone saw me as tight

i dont think its right that he calls me with a straight draw as he must know that im ahead ..