Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2006, 03:55 AM

Default BODOG STOLE MY WINNINGS!!!

I cannot believe a poker website with the popularity of bodog.com would steal my winnings but they did.
Here is what happened. I registered with bodog and gave them my checking account number and routing number.
My initial withdrawl from my checking account was for $100.00.
I played for about 5 days and was fortunate enough to win over $500.00.

Last night I went to sign-in to play and discovered my account was frozen with a message to phone them.

When I phoned them I was informed that my checking account number was invalid. It turned out I left off the last digit of the 11 number account.

They asked me to fill out their Bank Verification Form and send them a copy of my drivers license and a void check and told me they would re-instate my account within 2 to 5 hours.

Well guess what!!!! After I gave them what the wanted, they re-instated my account with a ZERO balance and kept my winnings claiming I could have been trying to swindle them out of their money.

I can guarantee you that no one could swindle them out of their money because they will not pay you your winnings until your initial deposit clears the bank.

Besides that, I NEVER tried to make a withdrawl.

I made an honest mistake and they stole my money and did it with a straight face insulting me at the same time!

Obviously I will never play at their website again and I hope you do not either as there are plenty of great poker sites out there that would show compassion for my error.

What if I would have lost the initial hundred? Do you think they would have told me, "oh never mind, its ok we do not need you to pay us!". Heck no!!! They would have gone through every method known to man to collect!

Pirates, thieves, STAY AWAY!!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:57 AM

Default Re: BODOG STOLE MY WINNINGS!!!

Why don't people use Neteller? sigh.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:01 AM

Location: Irvine, CA (originally from Taipei, Taiwan! ROC represnt)

i too, lost $500 at bodog

was doing a PSO bonus and deposited $500, heard stud was easy played some, got killed went down 150, then went down 350 at 2-4 full ring at a very juicy game to some unbelievable suckouts, i mean christ these fishes were worse than party and i was there gettin killed. RIGGED!! lol, but yeah i'm never going back to that BS site again with all those square lookin things. bodog is rigged lol
Old 03-02-2006, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i too, lost $500 at bodog

was doing a PSO bonus and deposited $500, heard stud was easy played some, got killed went down 150, then went down 350 at 2-4 full ring at a very juicy game to some unbelievable suckouts, i mean christ these fishes were worse than party and i was there gettin killed. RIGGED!! lol, but yeah i'm never going back to that BS site again with all those square lookin things. bodog is rigged lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this sarcasm?
Old 03-02-2006, 04:17 AM

Bodog has hands down the best customer service of any site out there. I find it hard to believe they would obviously screw you over like this. Have you tried calling them and rationally discussing this?
Old 03-02-2006, 04:25 AM

Rags,

They really didn't steal anything. You played with $100 that wasn't yours. Bodog lends you the money to play with until your payment clears. Next time be more careful when entering important information.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:56 AM

I phoned them 5 times and was treated rudely and accused of trying to swindle them out of my 100 dollar deposit! All I did was unintentionally omit the last digit of my checking account number.

They simply refused to budge and told me if I had lost the 100, they could have never collected. This is absurd as I honor all bets and always have.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I phoned them 5 times and was treated rudely and accused of trying to swindle them out of my 100 dollar deposit! All I did was unintentionally omit the last digit of my checking account number.

They simply refused to budge and told me if I had lost the 100, they could have never collected. This is absurd as I honor all bets and always have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with above. It really wasn't your money anyway...but more importantly...GET NETELLER.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:04 AM

Like I said, I made no attempt to try and cash out my winnings. I simply made an honest mistake and they should have honored my mistake after I gave them the information they requested which proved my account number was one digit short and not a bunch of randomly made up numbers.

Plus no one who was intentionally trying to scam them could ever cash out since their initial withdrawl would never clear.

They even state on their website that it is their sole discretion as to whether to return the funds which I interpet to mean that it is a case by case basis.

I played there in good faith and made the 100 withdrawl available to them the minute I found out about the error.

This is just bad business as who in their right mind would continue to patronize a site that wiped out your winnings?

Sorry but I am not a crook and should not be penalized for my innocent mistake of omitting the very last digit in an 11 digit account number.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, I made no attempt to try and cash out my winnings. I simply made an honest mistake and they should have honored my mistake after I gave them the information they requested which proved my account number was one digit short and not a bunch of randomly made up numbers.

Plus no one who was intentionally trying to scam them could ever cash out since their initial withdrawl would never clear.

They even state on their website that it is their sole discretion as to whether to return the funds which I interpet to mean that it is a case by case basis.

I played there in good faith and made the 100 withdrawl available to them the minute I found out about the error.

This is just bad business as who in their right mind would continue to patronize a site that wiped out your winnings?

Sorry but I am not a crook and should not be penalized for my innocent mistake of omitting the very last digit in an 11 digit account number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Get neteller, avoid this situation in the future.