Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 10:36 PM

Default OK I\'m a total LAGtard

Borgata 20/40 again...

Hero is UTG+1 with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], as usual been raising like every hand but then again LAGTARDED......

MP call, Button raise, I call, MP calls, three to the flop:

Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero checks, MP checks, Button bets, Hero c/r's, MP folds, Button calls.

Turn: brick (4c I think). Hero bets, button raises, hero calls.

River: J. Hero bets, button calls and shows AA, then calls Hero an idiot, which is suspected to be true....

Question: how's the line? Am I ever folding this hand, and if so, when? Should I be 3betting turn, most likely getting popped, and then c/r the river?

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: OK I\'m a total LAGtard

Oops, forgot to mention that I raise JJ, MP calls 2 cold, Button 3bet, I call 2, MP calls...

Action after is the same.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:26 AM

3 betting the turn so that you can check raise the river knowing that you are going to spike your 2 outer?

i think you have to know your behind on the turn. i dont think you can setup a check raise for value on the river when your most probably on a 2 outer..
Old 09-19-2007, 12:30 AM

You should 4-bet PF.

As played, fold to the turn raise unless button is also a lagtard.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:49 AM

He "called two" after raising PF. Does that count as a 4bet?

n.s,
I'm not a Lagtard and I'm raising AK when the UTG donkey donks this turn. The donk's donk means, "you have AK, I have a pair. I BET!!!" My raise means, "I know I have AK, but I'm not about to believe you have a pair. So I'll raise instead of calling down because maybe you'll fold 77." I mean it is always possible. This hand has probably come up 800 times in my career and I'm raising AK here 720 times.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:35 AM

you have to cap pf no matter what your image is, but i would think that with your image even 88 is a profitable cap.

Also I think you should c/r the river. You'll lose a little bit vs. TT this way and might just break even vs. AA/KK, but you win so much more vs. AQ/KQ and those hands are the lion's share of his range anyhow.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

n.s,
I'm not a Lagtard and I'm raising AK when the UTG donkey donks this turn. The donk's donk means, "you have AK, I have a pair. I BET!!!" My raise means, "I know I have AK, but I'm not about to believe you have a pair. So I'll raise instead of calling down because maybe you'll fold 77." I mean it is always possible. This hand has probably come up 800 times in my career and I'm raising AK here 720 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, as a general rule I usually don't try to bluff lagtards - I'd rather make money from their bad bets and calls (and being results-oriented for a second, clearly the raise didn't work on OP...). I think with AK here I'd just spend the two bets to see a showdown. Also if you raise and get 3-bet, you are in a difficult spot because you will be getting 11.5:1 with a gutshot and overcards, but you could be drawing dead to QJ/QT.