Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 10:07 AM

Default NL50 QQ: This is a snap-call, right?

No reads, first orbit.

The converter [censored] it up, villain reraised allin on the flop...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($29.63)
UTG ($48.84)
MP ($38.10)
CO ($27.52)
Hero ($48.50)
SB ($40.67)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $2.

Flop: ($5.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $18.02.

Turn: ($31.27) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($31.27) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Well played??? Better lines?

After all, this is a snap-call on such a draw-heavy board against a medium stack, isnt it?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:09 AM

Default Re: NL50 QQ: This is a snap-call, right?

nh.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($5.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $18.02.

[/ QUOTE ]

check action, something is missing

edit: i assume he shoved, just an fyi that converter seems to have missed it
Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, Villain moves in Hero calls $18.02.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming action is as inserted above, then I'm not so sure.

minbet lead, followed by a 3 bet AI is pretty much always a monster in my experience.

Granted, the minbet lead flop (and turn) is almost always a drawing hand. But the only times is isn't, i have found, is like here when the min bet is followed by an all in reraise.

i mean, i probably call at the table, too, cos i'm a calling station, but i'm not sure i've ever seen a draw flipped up when i call here, only made hands

edit for clarity
Old 09-18-2007, 11:54 AM

Not sure if it'd be right or not but I'd raise to $5 on the flop rather than $7.

Tough call I think, like has been said the mindonk-push is a really stong line, but then he is only a medium stack. I'm sure I'd call and then swear at myself for being so stupid.

I guess he has either 22 or JT but I think I'd convince myself he could be doing it with a draw or AJ enough to make it ok to call.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 PM

I raised to potsize on the flop to make him pay for the many possible draws and to make sure I'm commited on the turn to avoid a tough decision... Like you said, the minbets almost always a draw, and I thought that if he had a draw, he wasn't calling, but pushing in that spot with only 18$ behind or so... but apparently I was wrong [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maybe it has something to do with me having read Professional NL Holdem... In this hand I get an SPR of 5, and with Queens and already having put in a third of the smaller stack I was kinda commited, which was my target...

I guess he has something like AJ or a FD or combo draw in that spot often enough to justify the play.

Thoughts are welcome.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:49 PM

Call.