Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 07:39 AM

Default KKvsUnknown

Villian is complete unknown so what line do u prefer after the flop action?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (13SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $4.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10.92BB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 7.76BB, Sidepot 1: 3.16BB)
Hero ?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Re: KKvsUnknown

Check/raise the flop if you can make it $5 more than Button's all in. I would start check/calling down now, I don't think an unknown is overplaying often enough to donk.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:49 AM

I like the flop play. After UTG caps I'd just call down. Once in a while you'll get pwned by a free-carding 7x but that is rare, and mostly you're behind 2-pair, set or made straight, or ahead of an overplayed 9x. You have to call down though.

Sharpie, why c/r? Is our hand not strong enough to want a calldown from 1 player?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:57 AM

check raising the flop seems like the play. Button is looking to get his money in and c/r will face the third guy with two bets.

After UTG caps the flop its time to slow down. Unless you improve you have a crying river call hoping he is overplaying a pair + a straight draw.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:54 AM

With the "read" that he played T9o that way i bet the turn in a similar situation next time and go from there?

(he bet the turn and check behind Q river in that hand here)
Old 09-18-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With the "read" that he played T9o that way i bet the turn in a similar situation next time and go from there?

(he bet the turn and check behind Q river in that hand here)

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with a guy like this the other night. He was loose passive pre-flop, but would just spew with any draw. I think they have read somewhere that you're supposed to raise your draws because of fold equity or something (isn't it nice when donks misapply poker theory.) If he took the free card here then good for him, but it just turns his hand face up for you on the river. I would make a note and don't give free cards to this guy in the future (maybe just call the flop and donk the turn.)
Old 09-18-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check raising the flop seems like the play. Button is looking to get his money in and c/r will face the third guy with two bets.

After UTG caps the flop its time to slow down. Unless you improve you have a crying river call hoping he is overplaying a pair + a straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]