Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 07:22 AM

Default 2 Button Raises..

Playing at the Borgata...

Hand #1: Folded to me on the button and I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB folds and BB who is a good thinking player calls. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checkraises me, I 3-bet, and he 4-bets. I call. Turn brings the T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and now villain checks. Plan?

Hand #2: Folded to me on the button and I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB folds and BB, who is an unknown young guy calls. Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He check/calls. Turn comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Now he donks... plan for this hand?

Thanks for the replies...
Old 09-17-2007, 07:40 AM

Default Re: 2 Button Raises..

1) I'd check behind and make sure 1 BB goes in on the river.
2) I'd fold, pretty crappy card. He could be semibluffing, but I don't think it's worth finding out in this small pot.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:54 AM

id never fold the turn in hand 2.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 AM

Hand 1: Bet and hope he folds. If he calls, evaluate whether he will fold if you bet the river.

Hand 2: I just fold here. The pot is smallish.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Bet and hope he folds. If he calls, evaluate whether he will fold if you bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine a hand that will call once and fold on the river. I like Sharpie's plan.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:39 AM

hand one i would bet and check behind unimproved
hand two i would muck against an unknown
Old 09-17-2007, 10:46 AM

Hand 1 - check behind the turn, call or bet river. He likely has AK, AQ etc no flush and will pay you off or A with a weak spade

Hand 2 - I fold to the turn bet. Small pot, if he's donking a draw, so be it.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:54 AM

I bet the first hand and check behind, fold to a check raise. In the second hand I'd just fold.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for the replies...

Hand 1 was sort of interesting, but I felt like if he didn't have a flush, I don't mind villain folding since I have a very vulnerable two pair. His check seemed pretty weak at the time too... I was thinking I really wouldn't want to see a river spade, or offsuit Jack, 10, 9, 8, or 6... about 24 cards.. so I took a shot and bet, and villain luckily folded relatively quickly.

Hand #2 definitely put me in a tough spot, but as this was a relatively aggro 40/80 game, and villain was an unknown, I called the turn. River brought an offsuit 7, and villain bet again, and I made a crying call... he showed A4 os for Ace high and my hand's good...
Old 09-18-2007, 07:09 PM

On hand 1, I raise a blank turn card instead personally. As played, I probably check behind and pay off the river personally since you have outs to a boat against a flush and don't fear free cards too much in the event you're winning. If he checks the river again, I'd consider betting. Against some, I could fold the river if they bet.

I probably fold the turn in hand two since he should fear a queen and doesn't, and a queen completes straight draws or pairs many flop peels.

Jeff