Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Card Rooms vs. Internet

Has anyone noticed that there is a distinct different style of play on the internet vs. the local card rooms?

Recently I played at a card room, and I was allowed to limp in w/ KJ offsuit. Somebody limped w/ pocket AA's and took all my money. I put him on a weak king.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Card Rooms vs. Internet

I never really thought about it, but now that you mention it I think your right! WOW, excellent insight man.

-Jerry

P.S- Tough break with the K-J man, such a cold deck.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone noticed that there is a distinct different style of play on the internet vs. the local card rooms?

Recently I played at a card room, and I was allowed to limp in w/ KJ offsuit. Somebody limped w/ pocket AA's and took all my chips quickly putting me out of my misery. I put him on an even weaker hand than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious what was the board that allowed you to go broke with KJo in an unraised multiway pot. I hope this is a joke post otherwise you might as well just throw your wallet out the window and save yourself the time.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:43 PM

Well can only fold KJ vs AA on an JJA flop live. Noway can fold this online. Needless to say, I knocked it like hoosier. (People don't bluff anywhere near the frequency they need to live. Most don't bluff enough... a few bluff way too much. In the end +EV for you).
Old 09-17-2007, 02:01 PM

I had K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The flop was K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 2 lower non-connecting [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s. I put in a wager slightly larger than pot size to protect from the flush draw. I was check-raised by someone in weak position. I didn't know anything about the guy. I had just started. I thought he might have 3 of a kind, but on the internet, more times than not, people who bet like that have a weak king. He was quite tricky, and took me. I didn't have enough buy in capital to begin with, so I was really at a gun fight w/ a knife. I wanted to go back over the top of him, because I thought I had him beat, but all in was only 10 dollars above what he had put in, so it was all I had. Next time I play him, I will know that he is tricky. However, next time he might try play me the same way with a weak king. Reputation is everything.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I had K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The flop was K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 2 lower non-connecting [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s. I put in a wager slightly larger than pot size to protect from the flush draw. I was check-raised by someone in weak position. I didn't know anything about the guy. I had just started. I thought he might have 3 of a kind, but on the internet, more times than not, people who bet like that have a weak king. He was quite tricky, and took me. I didn't have enough buy in capital to begin with, so I was really at a gun fight w/ a knife. I wanted to go back over the top of him, because I thought I had him beat, but all in was only 10 dollars above what he had put in, so it was all I had. Next time I play him, I will know that he is tricky. However, next time he might try play me the same way with a weak king. Reputation is everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 09-17-2007, 04:42 PM

I didn't have enough buy in capital to begin with

As the other guy said, its easier to just throw your wallet out the window.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:22 PM

you would save a lot of time if you just got a direct deposit slip so your paycheques go right into their bank accounts.

this would give you more time to get drunk, complain about how poker is rigged and contemplate calling to get started in a community college program like that black guy on tv keeps yelling at you to do.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reputation is everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly is! You may have lost the battle, but don't worry you'll win the war. Keep up the good work man.

-Jerry