Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 11:29 AM

Default QQ in SB

8/16 Live. LP table. This hand seems fairly pedestrian but looking for any suggestions and also what her likely holding may have been.

Villain in hand is early 40sih woman in MP who has hardly raised PF at all so far. A bit early in the session ut she seems fairly passive. One prior hand she called me all the way down with Q's up she hit on the turn and never put in a raise at all anywhere.

UTG limps, Villain(MP)raises, HJ calls, folded to Hero in SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]who 3 Bets, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls, HJ calls. 5 ways

(14.5 SBs) Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Hero Bets, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls, HJ calls. 3 ways

(9 BBs) Turn comes the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Hero bets, MP calls, HJ folds. HU

(11BBs) River comes the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Hero Bets, MP calls.

(13 BBs)

Trying to put her on a few hands. I never sensed any real strength by her post flop but then again she was capable of merely just calling me down again with a 2 pair hand. A set I think I would have heard from somewhere. AJ? ATs, AK.

Standard or? The tough part of this one was putting her on a hand here. She raised PF and only called my 3 bet PF. Can we safely rule out KK and AA with a fairly passive player or not? To me it looked like AJ or AT.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: QQ in SB

what do you beat on the turn?
Old 09-15-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me it looked like AJ or AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think both of these hands are wishfull thinking for the player you described. I wouldn't be surprised if she showed JJ for middle set, and was worried about your possible KK.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:51 PM

Hopeful maybe. But since she just called on the river? Not sure. Like I said it was a bit early in the session but she did seem a bit passive. AK is another likely holding for her that when she hit on the turn she may have stuck to her ways and just called down.

So just C/C down or fold to a turn bet by her? Is that to weak or okay line against her? She didn't seem strong and that is why I bet out. If she had popped me on the turn or river I suppose a could have folded to her apparent player type.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:09 PM

if she's as passive as i think she is, i would c/c the turn because we have an OESD and probably c/f the river.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:18 PM

I considered that line but with our OESD with one way to the nuts and the pair can we bet here for value?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:42 PM

I find that passives in these live games usually over-limp with many good hands that a good player would raise with. Even if this is not the case here, if you think that her range would include AJo,ATs, you would probably have to include 99,KQ,KJs.

If we eliminate AA,KK, we are behind to 40 combos and ahead of 15 combos on the turn but our OESD makes us only a 57/43 dog according to PokerStove.

If AJ and AT are wishful thinking, as Bob T. suggests, I suppose all the lower ranges should be eliminated. If we give her a range of TT+,AQs+,AQo+, we are ahead of nothing and are now drawing.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I considered that line but with our OESD with one way to the nuts and the pair can we bet here for value?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If we give her a range of TT+,AQs+,AQo+, we are ahead of nothing and are now drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding, ding, ding!
Old 09-15-2007, 01:53 PM

AQ is in range but less likely considering I have QQ. TT,JJ AK yes. TT or JJ I felt she would have popped it on the flop but maybe she wouldn't have. I'll wait for a few more replies before I post mpre of the hand.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:19 PM

you say she is passive. is there any reason you couldn't put her on Ax suited (clubs)? Well, since she raised PF, I would be thinking ATs (clubs).

Edit: Make that AJ clubs, since the T clubs is on the board [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]