Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 04:03 AM

Default $10NL laying down JJ when undercards fall.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $7.90
BB: $12.40
UTG: $9.55
Hero (MP): $11.25
CO: $10.85
BTN: $13.55

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain was UTG and very tight. His stats were 10/7/1 over 85 hands. That makes his range too small to carry on in this hand right?</font>

CO posts $0.10
Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.45</font>, Hero calls $0.45, 4 folds

Flop: ($1.15) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $0.80</font>, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $2.00</font>

Clear fold now right? His range was AA-JJ, AK, and I dont think he fires a second barrel with AK...
Old 09-15-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Re: $10NL laying down JJ when undercards fall.

Raise all 3 streets.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:08 AM

What do I beat? I didnt raise preflop as I knew I would be 3-bet and played for set/ beating unpaired overcards value.

I floated the flop intending to bet or raise any weakness on the turn, but this guy hadnt show aggression like this in any hand id watched so far.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:12 AM

You beat AK &amp; AQ. I don't know, people do all sorts of retarded [censored], this is why 3betting preflop, you at least know where you stand. If he shoves you go "Hrm, okay, I'm beat, lemme fold."

If he calls, we bet flop &amp; see what he does.

Betting flop because he might have AK/AQ still and you don't want the turn to come.

I'm betting turn, well, because we have played so weakly so far, that we have no idea where we stand, and I stack off here.

85 hands doesn't mean much, I think you are relying too much on stats. Stats are great and all, but unless they are over a huge sample &amp; you have notes on the player, I take them with a grain of salt, and raise somewhere up there to find out where I really stand.

Also, if you are calling PF strictly for set value, good for you, fold flop then - ya missed your set [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 04:17 AM

"played for set/ beating unpaired overcards value."

not just set value, I also was playing to beat AK AQ obviously, thats why i floated the flop. I think a flop raise would have told me where i stood, but yes your right I was too weak here. I gave him no reason to slow down or think i had a hand as good as JJ. I think a raise preflop or on the flop would have been ok.

I wasnt just relying on the stats, I was relying on my observations too. Also the guy was under the gun and seemed to understand position. When a generally tight player raises under the gun? I immediately get wary.