Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Ugh. Folding 6th is NEVER an option here, right? 8/16 S8

seat 5 is a bit donkish. he's been pushing me to the river light all game long with 1 pair hands without lows. he's toned down recently.

seat 3 i think is playing above his roll since he bought in extremely low and has been trying to steal pots, but he's been rollercoasting around and is sitting on $200 now. i don't think he's playing too bad, but ihavn't been paying much attention since i was multitabling hold 'em.

any critiques on any other streets? the pot is too big to fold even with 2 dead diamonds, and even if we assume tha ti'm only drawing to chop the pot with a flush, right? i've got 2 live aces that ensure a chop, 7 diamonds, three 6s. this is fine, right? am i missing anything?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($8/$16), Ante $1.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.75 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (6.75 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (4.88 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

6th Street - (10.88 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Old 09-14-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Ugh. Folding 6th is NEVER an option here, right? 8/16 S8

An ace will scoop for you a lot, and a six a fair amount of the time as well. You're looking at a pair of aces and a low lock almost all the time, but I wouldn't assume it's a wheel.

You're right that even if he turned a wheel up this is a call, though. Even if he has something truly horrible like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] you still have 11.7% equity. Do try to catch the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and quarter him.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:22 AM

thanks. how did you calculate my equity vs A5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? i've never seen a program or site to do that.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks. how did you calculate my equity vs A5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? i've never seen a program or site to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

twodimes.net
Old 09-14-2007, 01:57 AM

I'm fine with all of it. How do you have 1200 posts and not know twodimes?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:35 AM

I took a long hiatus from 2p2, poker and stud 8 because of school (i had to use my roll to pay for it). I'm sure there's plenty of stuff i don't know about [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]