Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 10:47 PM

Default This hand seems normalish

The weird part of it is that this is one of those stupid hands where I don't tell you what I have but I do tell you what the villain has. Villain is DeathDonkey. He has pocket Queens.

75 mix game 6 handed. I open UTG, DD 3bets next, Mario Ho 4bets on the button, Roc 5bets (5 bet cap game) in the small blind, I call after thinking a short moment, DD calls, Maria calls so 4 to the flop for 5 bets. To shortly summarize the way we are playing I would say that Roc, DD and I are playing much more tame than usual. Roc has just been playing really well lately IMO and executing none of the maneuvers that I think of as a patented Roc play where he puts in 3-5 bets with no pair no draw on a big bet street in a spot where he's never bluffing the opponent out. Maria is playing sort of weird preflop and on the flop today but more sanely on the big bet streets.

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Roc bets, I raise, DD 3bets, fold to me and I 4bet, DD calls.

Turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet, DD raises, I call.

River A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet. DD should call or raise?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: This hand seems normalish

crying call. the river bet screams "i know you have queens and i don't care because i have aces please for the love of god raise so i can 3-bet"
Old 09-14-2007, 12:30 AM

raise - villain is maniac!

i'd put in one raise and crying call a 3-bet, i'd expect KJd, JTd, AQs as often as AA - i may be missing some of the action somewhere, seeing as that poster above me is taking a much more conservative line, but i would expect all those hands to play it similarly
Old 09-14-2007, 12:55 AM

i really hope you don't call the 5-bet with KJs or JTs PF. even though the particular villains in this hand all have much wider ranges than normal players, you are still totally dominated and have to put in 3 more bets out of position with huge reverse implied odds. also, when DD 3-bets the flop and everyone else folds he's going to showdown like always so 4-betting the flop then betting the turn when the board pairs would be a spew with a flush draw. also, if you do raise the river, i would say calling a 3-bet is a 0.99BB mistake.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:12 AM

I suppose there might be other hands you'd play this way, but A-A and 5-5 would seem the favorites to me.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:18 AM

bakku, i do get myself into this pot with JTs or AQs, probably not KJs though - the turn b/c is where i am most confused and why i discount AA somewhat...also, when howmany 4-bets the flop he could very easily be trying to get donkey off JJ/TT, and when donkey raises the turn gives up on the idea and decides to try to make a hand or fold... that was my general thought process given the posts i have seen from these guys... but in a standard game i would give a lot more credit to AA, just not necessarily here
Old 09-14-2007, 05:22 AM

Umm I think you have to have AA here. I mean there's no way you're bet calling with nines full or 55 like this, right?

I guess DD is playing real aggro and knows you're playing real aggro and you probably put him on QQ and are going for the B3B?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:57 AM

Just call. You were repping AA, KK, or AdKd or maaaaaybe AdQx.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 AM

in the world where people have a modicum of trust for each other anything but a call is total spew. so if you two are visiting for a bit he should just call.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:21 AM

i'm pretty sure OP could have JTdd here, at least up until the river.

"gamboooool" pf, "me have OESD and FD..JAMM" on flop, "oops" on turn.

i think he might c/c the river though.