Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 05:28 PM

Default 1-2NL live- 3-bet Middle Pair on Paired Board?

1-2NL 300max at the Venetian.

Hero ($400)
Button ($400)
Big Blind ($160)

I have been pretty aggressive at this table, and raising consistently in position. The button is a donk who works at the cafe, dropped $100 down hit a two outer and tripled up. He has been weak tight since. The big blind is my housemate. I have never played him before, but I know is TAG, and respects my game.

Hero raises to $15 from the C/O with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Button calls
Big Blind Calls

Pot: $46
Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Big Blind checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Ok I prob should have bet here. I had taken down the last three pots c-betting w/o resistance. I felt the button and BB would look me up here pretty light and I don't want to play a big pot.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Pot:$46

BB checks, Hero bets $20, Button insta-calls, and BB c/r to $45. Prior to this hand, BB had put in his chips as he called out his bet every time. This time he just said, "$45" and sat there.

What is my play here?

Will post my action and results later.

Edited to make diction consistent.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: 1-2NL live- 3-bet Middle Pair on Paired Board?

Call or fold?...

If he has been playing weak-tight, he may have had a medium strength jack that he was hesistant about on the flop, and having spiked a third jack may be CRing here.

Reraising here would be retarded because it too thin for value I think, and too much showdown value to need to turn into a bluff. A bluff...that wouldn't work because I doubt many live 1/2 players get away from trips of any kind very often in general.

I think calling is the best option by far.