Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Flopped nuts against turn aggression

I only have about 60 hands on villan but his VPIP is 56. Did I play this hand correctly?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

My problem with the way that I played it is that if I capped the turn, I should have capped the river because the deuce didn't change anything. So my problem is the turn. Should I put in so many bets against someone who suddenly turned ultra aggressive when the board paired? If I'm beat on the turn then I'm drawing dead.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Flopped nuts against turn aggression

call down after SB 3 bets the turn, unless he's hyper aggro.

EDIT: just noticed that SB didnt 3 bet the flop. this means this is often a naked 9. i like the turn cap...dont raise the river though.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My problem with the way that I played it is that if I capped the turn, I should have capped the river because the deuce didn't change anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you should be far more enlightened 3 bets into the river than you are at any point on the turn.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like the turn cap...dont raise the river though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2007, 02:02 PM

Do we think that most villans would play a naked 9 the same way they would play a full hose? If so I would be curious to hear how profitable this river is against a losse vs. an aggressive player.