Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:10 PM

Default 10NL AJ Flop TPTK in 3bet pot

villain is taggish (17/13/2) and his att. steal is about a 22. i think calling is out of the question, we either fold or push, correct? thx

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $10.55
Hero (BB): $10.10
UTG: $17.65
CO: $10.00
BTN: $9.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, BTN raises to $0.35, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BTN calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.05) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $1.50, BTN raises to $6.55, Hero???
Old 09-13-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: 10NL AJ Flop TPTK in 3bet pot

Fold if he hasnt gotten out of line yet.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:29 PM

I'd raise a bit more preflop, like 1.2. As played I think I shove here - stacks seem small enough here to get all in with TPTK. I think if he had a made hand here and wanted a call he wouldn't raise that much - seems like an overbet trying to push you out of the pot. My guess is you're ahead.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:48 PM

It depends on what his calling range is against a three-bet. His stats don't appear to be that of a calling station, so honestly I would just call out of position here with hands like AJ, AT, KJ, etc. It sucks playing ROI hands like that against true TAGs, and I would be looking to play a medium sized pot with him rather than an inflated one with somewhat weak holdings.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:56 PM

he raised enough to commit himself to the pot. He has you beat.

i might think he had AK clubs, if you didn't have the A
Old 09-13-2007, 01:17 PM

I don't think you're ever good after his flop raise. He's committed after his raise and he seems not to care that you might hold AJ. I cant see him do this with say KJ.
Pf is fine - maybe raise a bit more oop (~1.3).
Old 09-13-2007, 01:32 PM

There's no doubt he's committed himself to all in.. I just think he did so with the worse hand often enough given stacks to get all in. But given how many disagree I guess I'm wrong.

OP what'd u do?
Old 09-13-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on what his calling range is against a three-bet. His stats don't appear to be that of a calling station, so honestly I would just call out of position here with hands like AJ, AT, KJ, etc. It sucks playing ROI hands like that against true TAGs, and I would be looking to play a medium sized pot with him rather than an inflated one with somewhat weak holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to clarify I meant calling preflop out of position. He has you beat here with those stats, fold (at least this time).
Old 09-13-2007, 01:41 PM

i probably figured i was beat since the raise did commit himself all in and if i were to continue, i'd be pushing anyways against a better hand. i would think my 3bet preflop is pretty standard, although a 22 att. steal might be a bit low for some. had history with the villain, and he knows i play a pretty tight game, so i think he would also try to bluff me out of a hand like that, esp since he knows i do cbet often anyways. (kinda like a he knows that i know that he would be committing himself).

so ultimately i push....i was beat...initially. in hindsight, i should have folded =/

Flop: ($2.05) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $1.50, BTN raises to $6.55, Hero raises all-in to $9.10, BTN calls all-in for $2.30
Uncalled bet of $0.25 returned to Hero

Turn: ($19.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($19.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $19.75 ($1 Rake)

BTN had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Queens and Jacks) and LOST (-$9.85)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Jacks full of Aces) and WON (+$8.90)
Old 09-13-2007, 02:14 PM

i think its a question of looking at his 3 bet calling range. His stats look like the type to fold marginal hands rather than cold call the 3 bet, so i would put his range as pretty tight.