Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 11:40 PM

Default 1.00-2.00......flush against unsuspected fullhouse

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (13.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

Villain is a (very) loose passive passive fish.

Because he just called my flopraise I just thought he had a QQ. So I really thought I had the best hand on the turn....his call on the flop was really deceptive cause a typical loose passive passive would 3bet the flop I think.

Would you play this the same way?

When should I had slow down?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: 1.00-2.00......flush against unsuspected fullhouse

Flop is really bad, call and let others in. Call turn 3 bet and call river and against a passive player.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:56 PM

notmitch, lol
Old 09-13-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Would you play this the same way?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I would not play it the same.

I would not raise on the flop. Raising a flush draw on the flop is sometimes a good idea when you have the nut flush draw and a number of people have already called one bet so they are likely to call another. Here, you don’t have a nut flush draw and you knocked everyone else out and got it heads up.

On the turn you made your flush, but the board paired. Most of the time you will be good here, but if you get a lot of action back, chances are they have the nut flush or a full house. Just call the 3-bet and call the river, hoping for some idiot with a lower flush or just trip queens.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:10 AM

Preflop: good

Flop: I have no idea why you are raising here. You have little showdown value and you don't want to knockout people if you make your draw.

Turn: This is ok.

River: Scary that he leads. I probably still raise though and just call his 3bet.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:27 AM

Don't raise flop. Let people in, we have no reason to push anyone out.

Turn... you may cap, then call river. You could call his 3 bet. Turn 3 bets on a paired flush board are usually very strong hands. You don't have the nut flush, and he may have a boat. Then again I think a cap is reasonable.

River is plain spew. Call. Maybe raise if you didn't cap the turn, but after capping the turn on a paired 3-flush board he still bets into you don't raise. You usually gain 1 and lose 2 extra, so you're putting in 2 for 1.

(please don't post results, I'm trying not to look at them, but it's har with these titles)
Old 09-13-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

River: Scary that he leads. I probably still raise though and just call his 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP said villain was very loose passive. So raising the river is probably losing money here. I'm not even sure about capping the turn...
Old 09-13-2007, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP said villain was very loose passive. So raising the river is probably losing money here. I'm not even sure about capping the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point. I missed that we had a read on villian.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:41 AM

call the flop.

raise/cap the turn is okay but so is calling down a 3bet. ultimately depends on how passive the player is.

if he leads the river, call.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:12 PM

A 3-bet on a big street from a passive is usually not good news. I would probably just call down from there but I don't think a cap is bad since you can't get raised. Anything more than just calling the river is most likely not justified.