Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 11:23 PM

Default RUSTY BROOKS WINS!! SnG TALK HERE

Congrats Rusty!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: RUSTY BROOKS WINS!! SnG TALK HERE

I know, I'm answering my own post - but I want to post a hand right away - I have to go find out how Rusty cleaned my clock....

prax<----looking for humiliating defeat hand....
Old 09-12-2007, 11:26 PM

gg everyone. I was btbamatl, but my chat is suspended for 3 months so I couldn't say anything lol. Blinds got so ridiculously big at the end that it was a crapshoot, but I enjoyed it. Look forward to the October tourney!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:28 PM

GG guys
Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 PM

Good game everyone. I think there were a few hands I played suboptimally, in particular a few folds I probably should have made. I enjoyed the whole thing immensely and it was nice to see how it goes with 8 people who know the same things I do, and more.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:32 PM

Rusty - you rivered me!

Tournament - Razz (150/300), Ante 25, Bring-In 50 (converter)

Seat 1: 3,559
Hero: 2,510
Seat 4: 505
Seat 5: 1,635
Seat 7: 1,372
Seat 8: 2,419

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (3.67 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.67 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.67 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (9.67 BB - 2,900)
Old 09-12-2007, 11:35 PM

gg all, good tourney prax. for the most part the play was way better than a typical $10 sng, so you can all feel proud of that. And Rusty and parallax can enjoy the extra $5 overlay [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gg all, good tourney prax. for the most part the play was way better than a typical $10 sng, so you can all feel proud of that. And Rusty and parallax can enjoy the extra $5 overlay [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They sure earned it. Tho' maybe you should give it to Chips as a bead beat bonus - or just Bad trny bonus!

Or to yourself for the best shortstack play I ever saw in a Razz trny.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rusty - you rivered me!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one way to look at it. Another is, I was ahead on 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th, and you briefly took the lead.

I limped the hand because I wanted to play it and I had a 9 up, and I wanted to play it for 1sb if possible instead of 2 (I had A29).

On 4th I doubted you were ahead and I didn't figure to be a bad dog.

On 5th I thought you had a mandatory bet, and considered it likely that you'd paired. I actually didn't figure your hand to be as bad as it was.

On 6th I am sticking with that and thinking you have a decent 9 high. If that's true any 3,5,6 or 8 will win it for me a fair amount of the time. I have 12 outs, which is about 2:1 but let's say I only win half the time, then I'm about a 5:1 dog and I'm getting 6.5:1 from the pot. And I did think I'd win more than half the time, so I called.

I chickened out on 7th.

Also I should probably add that I thought limping 3rd would induce a completion out of a worse hand than normal, and well, I've read your posts and I know you are going to play pretty aggressively in a situation like this, so I didn't think I could automatically fold 5th, even though statistics would probably show that I was a 2:1 dog or worse.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:53 PM

ya rusty had that hand praix =p
I fold 4th when faced with a reraise. I also don't bet 4th either. Your steal failed.