Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 12:36 AM

Default LC: Wade visits JGunnip in Michigan (LONG TRIP REPORT)

PRE-TRIP: Earlier this year I was talking to jgunnip online about Michigan football and mentioned that I would be coming up for a game this year since my uncle had season tickets.

We decided that Oregon game would be pretty fun so I went ahead and told my uncle that I wanted the tickets (back in like May or June). He said ok fine.

In the meantime I start asking around some of my friends if they would like to visit the Big House, enjoy a football game, etc.

I get a few offers but nothing serious so I decide that I’ll probably just be flying up for the game myself and let gunnip use the extra ticket.

Flash forward to like beginning of August.

I wake up one morning mildly hung over and decided to call and talk to my uncle to make sure everything was still on, talk Michigan football, etc.

He tells me he sold the tickets.

WTF?

He packaged the Notre Dame and Oregon tickets together to this couple that he met last time he went to a game (like two years ago!).

No sweat. I hit up gunnip and we still decide that tickets should be no problem to get. I get online to Orbitz and order my plane tickets arriving in Detroit on Thursday and leaving Sunday.

PLANE RIDE #1: Went out clubbing the night before my noon flight but I had a class before.

Bad idea.

My parents were taking me to the airport so I had to make sure I was up in time for them to help me move stuff in to my new apartment before we left for the airport.

I’ve never flown in a plane before so I have no idea what to expect.

Parents drop me off in Nashville and I go ahead and board the plane (flying NWA btw). Everything going fairly smooth except I’m TERRIFIED of heights. But I figure since I’m in an enclosed airplane it won’t be a problem.

Well, things went smoothly until we got about a couple thousand feet in the air and I could still see the ground.

I couldn’t use my laptop at that time so I tried to talk to my neighbor to kind of keep my mind off of things. He was a Michigan fan too so that led to some interesting conversation.

Anyway, once I can barely see the ground things get a bit better and next thing I know we are basically already in Michigan.

I arrive at DTW around 4:30 Michigan time and begin to call gunnip so we can get this bitch started.

Oh wait. Gunnip’s cell phone is dead.

So, I’m walking around the biggest airport I’ve ever seen not having a [censored] clue where to go.

Luckily I run good and find the domestic pick-up and find gunnip and proceed to Ann Arbor.

THURSDAY NIGHT: After running errands, including buying something new to me: a 30-pack of beer (only sell in quantities of 24-max here in TN) we head back to his house and commence in some pregaming before going out to eat and hitting up a frat party (including watching my MTSU Blue Raiders hold their own against Louisville for 3 quarters or so).

After about 7-8 beers we head to the party which much to my surprise serves alcohol (in Tennessee only Vanderbilt allows frats to give out alcohol freely).

Party is out of control and has a line backed up to the street. Luckily gunnip knows someone in the frat and we kind of squeeze our way to the front and finally inside.

Party was pretty fun and also included me and drunken gunnip betting each other that if we polled 20 random girls at the party that a majority would be from out of state.

Unfortunately, we got trashed and side-tracked on the bet before leaving the party to head to a couple of gunnip’s friends’ house where we proceeded to drink even more booze before finally getting a ride back to his house and passing out.

FRIDAY: Wake up and watch Shaun [censored] Deeb in the WCP before playing some donkaments of our own.

Then, after a few hours of poker we decide to grab a bite to eat and head to a beer pong/flip cup party.

After multiple rounds of flip cup (my team won like 17 out of 20 games), I’m pretty [censored] trashed and am getting made fun of constantly for my southern accent (which is actually not even that noticeable by other Southerners).
After the party kind of dies down we wind up going to some other party which I have no recollection of (aside from the fact that I barely remember playing like 3-person team flip cup for a few rounds) and eventually wind back up and gunnip’s crib where he proceeds to post drunkenly on 2+2 saying that I am snoring (ERRONEUS!)

SATURDAY: Oh. My. God.

We wake up at like 10:00, which is ENTIRELY too late to be waking up according to gunnip and basically run to the tailgate party where there are two kegs and again multiple people playing flip cup and beer pong.

Also at this point I am now being referred to as “Tennessee”, “Wade Nation”, and “Big Ten Network” (by some random Michigan State Fan).

I’m pretty good at getting tanked before football games, as is the norm here, especially at Knoxville, so I do what I do best and we eventually make our way over to the game.

HUMILIATING LOSS TO OREGON STARTS AND ENDS HERE

After getting taken behind the wood shed at home the mood is very somber and I now have my usual pounding headache from coming down off a drunk + yelling my head off so we decide to dip in and get a bite to eat and I am mildly recovered.

On the way to the restaurant I impress a SMOKING HOT MILF with my Oregon knowledge by asking her to confirm a sports trivia question I told gunnip (Oregon was the first-ever NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament champ).

Unfortunately a pretty smile and a somewhat evil glare from her husband are all I get (not sure if it’s because he felt threatened by my skills or if because I reeked of alcohol).

We head back to gunnip’s crib and I fight off taking a nap because I could quite possibly sleep for the next 15 hours if I fall asleep.

No dice.

Gunnip’s roommate wakes me up later and us three roll over to the place of the beer pong/flip cup party and I decide that I will just drink until I can not drink any more to shake off the humiliation of losing 39-7 at home after I flew all the way up to watch.

A few games of presidents and [censored] later and my drinking-retardedness stoops to an all-time low.

For some reason, gunnip finds a water hose outside and begins spraying either people or a car or something. At this point I take it upon myself to bull rush and tackle him.

One problem: I lose balance just before reaching and gunnip basically jukes out of the way and I fall directly on to the hard-ass concrete square on my shoulder.

It goes numb.

At that exact moment a cop car rides by and immediately stops and shines a spotlight on me and gunnip and since I’m only 20 I shake it off and wave him off like everything’s cool.
Now, at this point, I decide I must drink MORE beer since my shoulder is in pain. So me and gunnip’s buddy walk to the store right at 2AM (cut-off for beer sales in Michigan) and purchase another 12-pack.

Can’t remember how many I drank but I remember waking up at the house and my shoulder felt like it was out of socket.

Not the best way to go home but eventually that’s what happens and me and gunnip prepare to leave for the airport.

PLANE RIDE #2: Compared to my first flight, everything is totally different. I’m hung over as [censored], my shoulder feels like it’s broken and now we are flying in this huge NWA plane (our first one was much smaller).

So we don’t get even halfway up in the air and I’m already getting nervous again. Then, I put some headphones on and listen to some music.

About that time the airplane begins hitting some turbulence (which I had not encountered before) and I am secretly freaking the [censored] out.

Also, since the plane was larger, the turns we made felt like the plane was about to tip over on its side. But, since the captain or crew doesn’t seem too concerned I just say a few silent prayers and luckily we touch down without a hitch and I’m back in Tennessee!

CLIFF NOTES

-Went to stay with gunnip and watch Michigan vs Oregon last week
-Never flew before and probably won’t fly again for at least a couple months unless I need to or something big comes up
-Me and gunnip got SHITFACED
-Michigan got pwned @ home for the second straight week
-I had a deep bruise on my shoulder that felt like I had dislocated it (doctor said everything was fine and I should be full speed very soon)

All in all, great trip save for the hurt shoulder, losses at donkaments, and obv the Michigan loss.

Met some really cool people and would definitely enjoy another trip to the Big House.

Took some pictures as well but my sister lent me her camera without the USB so I won't have them up till this weekend.

Stay tuned.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: LC: Wade visits JGunnip in Michigan (LONG TRIP REPORT)

Standard Awesome weekend congrats update with photo's when you can.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:26 AM

I think i'll be hung over tomorrow just from reading this TR.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, since the plane was larger, the turns we made felt like the plane was about to tip over on its side. But, since the captain or crew doesn’t seem too concerned I just say a few silent prayers

[/ QUOTE ]

ive flown lots and i still flip out when the plane turns.

nice tr.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:56 AM

Beer is good.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:07 AM

nice trip report wade.

note to self: go back to ann arbor and fix the trip the flu ruined
Old 09-12-2007, 03:28 AM

a couple things that wade forgot.

- the awesomeness that is big ten burrito, especially after 2am.
- showing me some hot chick's bikini photoshoot on facebook from mtsu, me friending her and her almost instantly accepting.
- errands on friday = returning two shopping carts full of bottles/cans. wade set the o/u at $45 i obv took the under. there was $32.70. I shoulda put some monies on it since it was a sure win but I'm a nice guy
- beer at frat party was super warm but we didn't care
- friday night post 3v3 flip(cup)aments getting stoned and watching that episode of weeds where andy and doug are trying to catch and kill the rat with peanut butter and a pellet gun
- at the game wade screamed "LETS [censored] GO" like a million times, which i thought was awesome, especially given drunkeness and horseness of voice levels. but some douchebag excuses for fans didn't. wade ftmfw. people up here need to learn how to scream at a football game.
-also, something he may not have noticed but i totally bitched out a group of sorority girls for showing up mid 2nd quarter and expecting people to move from their seats. LOL [censored] GET TO THE GAME ON TIME? huh? what's that, did i think you didn't hear what I said? NO I DONT [censored] CARE, AND I'LL SAT IT AGAIN GET TO YOUR [censored] SEATS ON TIME OR GO STAND FUCKIGN ROW 90 YOU [censored]. they left after the 3rd.
- i think it was friday night and were playing some drinking games before we pick up the keg and he asks me if I've ever heard on the card game tonk. LOL [censored] YES. love that game and I guess you can trace my gambling ways back to freshman year hs when I used to took some seniors for about 500 over the course of the year pwning them.
- wade tilts at donkaments a lot
- i play really bad at cashaments but run good at teh donkaments when i'm hungover

that's about all I can think of.

It was a typical september weekend. thur-sun drunkenness/bad decisions. football, tailgate, etc. You were a great guest and glad you came up, all mt friends and roommates basically said you were teh pwnzor. we'll definitely have to do it again sometime, maybe in Knoxville.

All, if any of you guys want to come visit ann arbor and participate in drunkeness shenanigans or attend a football or any other sporting event or whatever feel free to send me a pm or hit me up on aim. Consider this an open invitation. ship.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:48 AM

lol awsome. when u gonna come visit me in SC?!?!?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol awsome. when u gonna come visit me in SC?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...next trip report SC!! HOLLA
Old 09-14-2007, 11:44 PM

Bump for impending doom for Notre Dame tomorrow.