Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 07:58 PM

Default JJ on flush draw flop

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
10 players
Converter

Table is 45/10/$5 Villian is MP1 with 24/7/5/7/174 hands

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

I make what I see as standard re-raise. MP2 seems to play a lot but I had no PAHud #s.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (16.4SB, 5 players)
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

I see the heart flush draw and the A but my plan was to bet, if raised I would call and see what the turn brought.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10.7BB, 5 players)
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

No aggression on flop so I bet out. Was that stupid with 3 hearts?

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (14.7BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds.

I figure I am beat but the pot is huge and I call. I didn't see the point of raising because I figure only a worse hand will fold.

Results:
Final pot: 17.7BB

This table started good for me but it got very loose and aggressive in general and the money went down the drain. The other two tables I played ( only played 2 tables at a time ) were more straight ahead and I did better. Any advice on playing these types of tables?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: JJ on flush draw flop

check the turn intending to fold to a bet
fold the river you're never good here never ever
Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 PM

I don't think I overcall the river. You are beat by too many hands at this point -- any A, 6 or of course the flush has you beat at this point, and it's very easy to see an A being timid after your 3-bet and the 3rd heart on the turn. Also minor point, but you are not closing the action.

This is probably a pretty small mistake, though, getting 16:1. The rest of the hand looks good.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 PM

for me ... flop bet is meh

5 to the flop ... Ace high ... two toned ... and connection around 86

too many possible hands to call and some likelyhood that I'm not good

then after betting the flop and getting called by every single player ... well - i think it's pretty pointless

on the river ... 'the pot is huge' ... well - that happened because of your betting in the first place

you have current odds of 16.7:1 ...
if this was the 1 time in 30 hands that your hand was actually best ...
Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 PM

I think the multiple calls on the flop are ominous and the turn makes things worse.

I'm confused by MP1 waking up on the end; if he has a weak Ace why call down and suddenly decide to donk on the end? if he turned a flush why call the turn?
With no read, I'd guess he turned trips and was too scared of the flush to raise, but bet out when no-one else raised. With his decent stats, I have no idea what he's holding.

As for your play, I think you were beat on the flop and although the pot is big do you ever, ever win in this situation?

PS: I wish I could find a 45% VPIP table. All the Party nano tables seem to run at 30%.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM

I give this one up on the turn. The flop bet is fine because you can get a feel for where you are even though that bet will never win this pot. If only a couple call then you can fire again, but not when they all call.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:39 PM

i think we c/f all the way down from the turn. i dont see any situations where our hand is good here i think we need to fold the river everytime here