Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 11:03 AM

Default AA faces scary turn

Villain is 45/10/2 over about 30 hands. SB is unknown.

I know it seems unlikely that anyone would have a 9 in a capped pot pf, but this is 2/4, so keep that in mind.

Would a better line be to bet the turn, call a raise, and c/c the river?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 09-11-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: AA faces scary turn

Bet the turn.

The probability of you being raised by 9x or 7x is so much less than the probability of it getting checked through.

Turn check is terrible!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:02 PM

I agree that the turn check is terrible. Don't be worried about getting raised all the time necessarily as many opponents, especially the aggro ones, will raise the turn here with T 8 / J T / J 8 etc.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:11 PM

bet the turn just like oink said. You'll get called down by every A, every worse pkt pair. The button 3-bet pf (he only raises 10% of his hands pf) so his pf 3-betting range is very unlikely to have any of the remaining 7s or 9s in his hand.

If he raises I more likely to 3-bet the turn than fold, but I probably call down.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:54 PM

turn is close between betting and check/raising. check/raising might be better given relative position.

it's absolutely ridiculous to assume anybody has a full house here given pf action.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
turn is close between betting and check/raising. check/raising might be better given relative position.

it's absolutely ridiculous to assume anybody has a full house here given pf action.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah now that you mention it this is really a great spot to sexy the turn. He'll bet all pkt pairs, probably even just an A, and we are almost always getting called down when we c/r.

so I think either betting out or c/r'ing is fine, but like we've all said already c/c is pretty bad.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:20 PM

c/c this turn would be a crime even at 0,01/0,02. You really post some odd moves aceskay...
Old 09-11-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c this turn would be a crime even at 0,01/0,02. You really post some odd moves aceskay...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, that's bc I am new to limit and am definitely still learning the game. I certainly do appreciate all of the help, and thanks for not being too brutal with the advice.