Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 10:15 AM

Default NL25 QQ

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($32.65)
Button ($48.65)
SB ($26.05)
BB ($24.50)
UTG ($56.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $5.75</font>, Hero ???

I have seen the button for about 100 hands. His preflop - stats were 28/20 and went to showdown higher than 50. I know it is small sample size. Some hands before, I raised him after several limpers and he pushed with a small stack (8$) with AJ and lost against my KK. Then he rebuyed with a fullstack.
What should I do on the flop against his reraise and what is his range?
Would a flop-push the right play?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: NL25 QQ

Firstly, a flop push is going to be absurdly big. You're both deep stacked so you have to be careful. Secondly, that flop is very good for any middle pocket pairs which are in his range. So we are way behind sets. He could be making this with a hand like 45s (semi-bluff) and we aren't too happy about seeing that either since he has a lot of outs. I'm kind of just thinking out loud but he looks like the kind of person who would re-raise 88,99,TT and JJ pre-flop. This makes it hard to find hands that we beat but then again, folding is also pretty weak.

Calling and re-evaluating the turn is one idea but I imagine it will be tough to play OOP.

I'm neither here nor there but I'm leaning towards nitting it up and calling or even folding. I think raising might be the worst play.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:44 AM

i think i call and b/f the turn, but it's a tough spot all around
Old 09-11-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i call and b/f the turn, but it's a tough spot all around

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't think of a good solution for this spot. But I like this one a lot.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Yeah, I like that line also, although this is probably one of my leaks because my first thought was to raise the flop and try to get all of my stack in on this hand.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:30 PM

If you raise often and he might think you missed the flop then a raise might be appropriate, but in most situations where you arent labeled a LAG i'd say a call here would be appropriate to re-evaluate the turn, the key is seeing how he reacts to the next card. If its another low card then hes probably going to pot it and try to steal this one away but if a face card hits and slows him down then you can be pretty sure of no set present. If you had 10x the sample size on him you could make a fairly could decision here but with what we have to go on i'd say there are many hands to come and you arent really invested.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:40 PM

The problem is we don't get to see how he reacts to the turn because we are out of position.

With numbers like 28/20, I reraise after the flop. I want to outprice all straight and flush draws. There are only 6 hands we are drawing way thin to: AA, KK (he obv doesn't have these), 66, 33, 22, and 54. There are TONS more hands that a 28/20 might have. Here are a few examples: AK, AQ, JJ, TT, 99, A5, A4, QJ, and any 2 clubs.

I think we have to assume we are ahead here and re-raise the flop to avoid letting the villian catch a draw. I would not raise AI, but perhaps bump it up to $12 or $15.